Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The skies finally cleared so here are a couple of shots of my exquisite '07 CS. Car feels like it's priced at 3 X higher. So nice.

I've only had the car a week and I'm already looking at the hacks and mods threads. Discusting of me, the car is phenomenal right out of the box. I'll do the sub woofer stuffing hack since it needs it and I have the stuffing from some previous speaker building work. Shifter is great as is and as much as I liked the short shifter in my Boxster, I didn't care for the notchy feeling. I like the stock exhaust note as is. I'll try to keep from looking further and enjoy it as is. That won't be a problem at all.

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
Whoa I missed that subwoofer hack thing. I guess I need to do a search on it. Congrats. I got mine on 4/9 and just more relaxed ever since. Except for my speed runs of course.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Sweet ride. May I suggest you enjoy your Cayman as is for a while and then consider improvements. I believe it to be a wonderful car as is, right out of the box. IMHO

And now that weather has improved, may I also suggest a mini-vacation to drive on some twisty roads.

Come to think of it, I feel a road trip coming on this beautiful Friday in Virginia. Clear with highs about 80 degrees. Let me get those car keys.

Drive safely, Ed

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
The skies finally cleared so here are a couple of shots of my exquisite '07 CS. Car feels like it's priced at 3 X higher. So nice.

I've only had the car a week and I'm already looking at the hacks and mods threads. Discusting of me, the car is phenomenal right out of the box. I'll do the sub woofer stuffing hack since it needs it and I have the stuffing from some previous speaker building work. Shifter is great as is and as much as I liked the short shifter in my Boxster, I didn't care for the notchy feeling. I like the stock exhaust note as is. I'll try to keep from looking further and enjoy it as is. That won't be a problem at all.
Again, great color, one that was on my list. Agree about your comment that the car is great out of the box. As someone who has spent cubic dollars in the past on "Mods" the thing I decided to do is get a second set of wheels for a set of Hoosier R6. Enjoy your new toy!

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
Looks great, but I would get some clear side markers, cost is minimal and can be done in just a few miniutes.
I 2nd that. Little detail but just sharp.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm apparently in the extreme minority but I don't like the bland look of the clear side markers. If the car came with clear, I wonder how many would rip them out for the amber. No amberectomy for me but thanks.

I am scheduled for a clear auto bra week after next.

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
Personal choice to me more of a European look. I am not crazy about totally red rear lights since it looks very kit-car-ish on Seal Grey. But I think it just looks awesome on Yellow.

My choice would be clear rear lights using LEDs or bulbs for color. That way with Seal Grey and clear lights all the way around - it is my personal interpretation. That and dark wheels for a stealth look.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i agree... the amber would look good on a black or white car but anything inbetween looks better w/ the clear sidemarkers. purely opinion :) congrats on the new ride!

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Very nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts