Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the optional steering wheel w/ paddles, how are the paddles positioned---do they stay stationary on the column behind the wheel when the wheel is turned, or do the turn w/ the wheel?

·
Registered
379 Posts
They turn with the wheel.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
358 Posts
<< As an Engineer, let the shifters turn with the wheel please.... how can I shift when the wheel is turned if not????

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I personally would like them on the column, that way when you're completing large turns up to 90 degrees and have to move your hands around the steering wheel, you can still reach back and pull the paddle knowing it's in the stationary location (otherwise you're stuck fumbling around the wheel trying to find them)
or atleast that's been my experience in the past :burnout:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I put the paddle wheel on my 09 CS PDK. I like the the fact that the paddles rotate with the wheel. At 90 degrees I don't have a problem with the paddles. At 180 degrees it might be an issue. If you are having difficulty reaching the paddles you can also use the shift lever. There are those that prefer the shift lever.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Maybe Porsche is trying to save the folks who would shift in the middle of a corner! ;)

·
On Probation
582 Posts
Maybe Porsche is trying to save the folks who would shift in the middle of a corner! ;)
those posers cant be save ...they will find a way to crash

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have March 2010 cayman S with padles.
Would post a few pics if knew how.
Just seems over complicated to load pics on this site.

Any one want a few pics of 2010 Cayman S with padles, Sport mode, and lanch control etc. the full works.

Send me an email address I can send them to.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
I have March 2010 cayman S with padles.
Would post a few pics if knew how.
Just seems over complicated to load pics on this site.
Not any more complicated than any other site running Vbulletin software.

You can upload your photos to thus site, or any other URL that hosts photos, then paste the direct URL into your post using the "insert photo" button. If you need additional assistance feel free to send a PM.

·
Registered
408 Posts
<< As an Engineer, let the shifters turn with the wheel please.... how can I shift when the wheel is turned if not????
In cars where the paddles are connected to the column and thus stationary, the paddles are long enough to be actuated by the fingertips when the wheel is turned.

In racing you're not going to be turning the wheel so much that your hands are ever on the wrong paddle. Mostly the same for street driving. With either paddle layout though, I can't say which is better for, say, pulling out of a parking spot at the mall, or driving one handed while drinking a coffee or fondling the lady friend.

I haven't driven paddle-shifted cars enough to determine which placement I prefer for actual driving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts