Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just ordered a C4S October build - I haven't given the deposit yet as I am out of the country.
I am getting 3.14% off MSRP - is this a good deal these days or should I press for more - I seem to be reading more like 5% in other threads...
I am welcoming all the recommendations and help. For folks that might not have seen my other post here is my config:

991 C4S
NO - Agathe Grey Metallic
BA - Leather interior in black and garnet red
970 - Two tone leather interior
344 - Carrera S Wheels in black satin
P07 - Adaptive Sports Seats Plus
P3G - Premium Package Plus
P3K - Burmester Audio Package
250 - PDK

176 - Sport Exhaust
System
352 - PDCC

640 - Sport Chrono
Package
658 - Sport Steering plus
748 - Power Folding Side Mirrors
456 - Adaptive Cruise Control and PAS
638 - ParkAssist (front and rear) with camera
XEY - LED Headlights in Black incl. PDLS Plus
653 - Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass
022 - Instrument dials in black
666 - Telephone Module
671 - Voice Control
844 - Multifunction Steering Wheel
345 - Heated Steering Wheel
425 - Rear Wiper
583 - Smoking package

Cheers
Patrice

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
3.1% discount is not very good on a car which is not in limited production. It would be super on a GT3 but not a C4S. You should be able to double that number. 7% is what you should be striving for. If the dealership that you are working with won't budge, then thank them for their time and shop around. I live in MD and I guarantee you that if I walk into a dealership and tell them that I want to place an order for a C4S today at a 7% discount, I'd be walking out of that dealership with the order form in my hand.

·
Registered
583 Posts
3.1% discount is not very good on a car which is not in limited production. It would be super on a GT3 but not a C4S. You should be able to double that number. 7% is what you should be striving for. If the dealership that you are working with won't budge, then thank them for their time and shop around. I live in MD and I guarantee you that if I walk into a dealership and tell them that I want to place an order for a C4S today at a 7% discount, I'd be walking out of that dealership with the order form in my hand.
Agreed.

6-7% min is what you need to aim at especially if the car is decently optioned.

5% is where most dealers start at.

If this was an on the lot car, with a little dust on it, you could even push for more.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
For existing cars on lots somewhere in the U.S. I was getting offers of around 8.5% as opening price discount without any negotiation. Don't know whether this would extend to orders or not. Salesman hasn't been returning calls. Maybe my charming personality but not a way to sell a car in my book.

It's always worth asking. How aggressive to be depends on how important a NA car is to you. If the real cut off was known that would be simpler. I imagine that the majority are waiting to see the face lifted 991.2 giving more leverage on a 991.1. Life is full of uncertainties...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I am a data geek myself and a developer so when I saw the discount I liked it because it is Pi but not so much anymore. :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
**** UPDATE ****
Talked to my dealer and he gave me 5% finally which I am really happy with! It will be a nice car and now I am happy with the final price.
Thanks for the help - now the hard part - waiting until the end of November / Early December :)

Yes I am a data geek myself and a developer so when I saw the discount I liked it because it is Pi but not so much anymore. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts