Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Vendor
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may or may not know, the owner of 3.8L 981 #003 A.K.A. "Chuck" passed away from natural causes a few months back. While Chuck and I had our differences and while those differences were aired on this forum, sometime thereafter we buried the hatchet and made up. Chuck loved driving his 981 til he had to stop driving it for the winter months. I had several follow up conversations with him and how happy he was when the dyno finally spit out 375rwhp.

I was called last night by a wholesale broker in Colorado that is about to list the car on eBay for KBB value. They're completely unaware of the modifications or work that were done. The only record they have is the short story about the car done in Grassroots Motorsports. I have attached a link to the article here. Grassroots Motorsports June - JUN 2014

The car was a Boxster S 981 with the 20" Carrera S wheels. As it sits now with 11K miles, it has a a 991 3.8L conversion with the Power Kit cylinder heads, the larger 6-piston 991 calipers up front, Castrol SRF fluid, 991 3.8L mapping with Sport Plus and a set of Fabspeed OBD manifolds with cats. I can't recall if the car has an x73 suspension but I believe that it does.

If I had the liquidity, I would consider buying it myself. I am not looking to buy it and flip it. I just want to send a buyer to a seller. I told the broker I would list the information about the car for sale and I can put any one of you in touch with them before they list the car on eBay for what a used 981 Boxster S would sell for; they have no idea what is underneath the sheep's clothing. Call me at the shop or on my cell phone if you know of anyone interested in a blue 981 Boxster with grey interior that makes 430hp! Can you imagine what an ECU flash and a lightweight flywheel would do to this car?!?!??! Okay...enough pondering! Godspeed Chuck...i know you are watching down on all of us!!

Cheers folks!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
There was an article of Chuck's 981 on the local Rocky Mountain Region PCA magazine. It looks amazing. Can't believe he passed away. :(

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts
Sorry to hear about Chuck.

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
I can't say I know Chuck but it always sucks when somebody passes especially a forum member.

RIP

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sorry he died, and nice car.

·
Vendor
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have sent 2 people to the broker. Hopefully someone from here gives this girl a new home! The kind words are much appreciated. He enjoyed the online community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Posted 4 days ago. I sent maybe half a dozen people to the broker and last I heard, none of them had called to inquire directly but they might be getting ducks in a row. I haven't talked to the guy in over a week. I know you're watching Chuck...hopefully someone gives her a good home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Caymudgeon
705 Posts
Wow that ad is really poorly written. "center radiator for more weight", "high performance spark plugs" - huh?

The car might be worth $85k with all of the upgrades but there's no way it sells anywhere near that without better marketing. If it were my car, I would list all of the factory options and all of the BGB add-ons with dollar amounts on everything. The buyer has to believe they're getting a bargain.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
it might help to list the car here and perhaps some of the other forums.

I'd imagine that a potential buyer would likely be an enthusiast.

just a thought.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Wow. Didn't even come close to reserve on ebay.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts