Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up for sale are two OEM duck tail spoilers directly from Porsche. I ended up getting a tech art wing and had no use for these. The first one is new in perfect condition. This one I am asking $500.

I have another that I will upload pics of later this week when I pick it up. This one was cracked in shipping and I had it repaired. This one I am asking $200.

Also if the buyer would want I could have these vinyl wrapped for a fee before shipping. Matte black, carbon fiber etc. pm for details.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Up for sale are two OEM duck tail spoilers directly from Porsche. I ended up getting a tech art wing and had no use for these. The first one is new in perfect condition. This one I am asking $500. View attachment 274656
View attachment 274657

I have another that I will upload pics of later this week when I pick it up. This one was cracked in shipping and I had it repaired. This one I am asking $200.

Also if the buyer would want I could have these vinyl wrapped for a fee before shipping. Matte black, carbon fiber etc. pm for details.
Hi , I’m Carl Horton in South Carolina I would like to buy the 200. Repaired duck tail for my 2015 Cayman (assuming it is compatible with my 981) my # is 803-609-2609. I haven’t purchased thru P9 classifieds before so I don’t know the process. Please give me a call and help me figure out payment process. Thanks , Carl Browns RV superstore in McBee SC
Up for sale are two OEM duck tail spoilers directly from Porsche. I ended up getting a tech art wing and had no use for these. The first one is new in perfect condition. This one I am asking $500. View attachment 274656
View attachment 274657

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Carl ( @chorton ) - I'm almost 100% certain that this is 981 Boxster specific and unfortunately would be incompatible with your Cayman. However, the good news is that there is in fact another OEM ducktail spoiler available specifically for the Cayman that sells for about $700-something new.

As you may be new to online forum classifieds and etiquette, "PM Sent" means that I've already sent a "Private Message" to the original poster to work out a sale and usually indicates that I'm first in line for these. Also, for your own protection, you also may want to delete your phone number and contact information and just pass those on to the seller directly.

As I'm a moderator on another very well-known Porsche website, hopefully all this information might prove helpful and makes sense -- particularly I'm all about building our Porsche community wherever I am! :)

Cheers and good luck with your Cayman, Carl! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi , I’m Carl Horton in South Carolina I would like to buy the 200. Repaired duck tail for my 2015 Cayman (assuming it is compatible with my 981) my # is 803-609-2609. I haven’t purchased thru P9 classifieds before so I don’t know the process. Please give me a call and help me figure out payment process. Thanks , Carl Browns RV superstore in McBee SC
Hey Carl I need to pick it up and get some pictures and then I’ll send some over so you can check it out first. People do use these on caymans as well since the duck on the gt4 is fixed and this is made for the moving mechanism. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Carl I need to pick it up and get some pictures and then I’ll send some over so you can check it out first. People do use these on caymans as well since the duck on the gt4 is fixed and this is made for the moving mechanism. Thanks!
There's a lengthy multi-page thread on the forums regarding the OEM Boxster ducktail. Multiple posts say that it doesn't work for Caymans due to a difference in mounting systems. To the naked eye, they look identical, but apparently there is even a difference in shape/angle. Suncoast specifically says that it is incompatible with Caymans on the product page. I recently bought an aftermarket ducktail for my Cayman, and even the aftermarket vendors have different SKUs for Cayman and Boxster ducktails, also saying that Boxster versions won't fit Caymans and vice versa.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's a lengthy multi-page thread on the forums regarding the OEM Boxster ducktail. Multiple posts say that it doesn't work for Caymans due to a difference in mounting systems. To the naked eye, they look identical, but apparently there is even a difference in shape/angle. Suncoast specifically says that it is incompatible with Caymans on the product page. I recently bought an aftermarket ducktail for my Cayman, and even the aftermarket vendors have different SKUs for Cayman and Boxster ducktails, also saying that Boxster versions won't fit Caymans and vice versa.
Ahh okay. Thanks for that info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts