Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If somebody has posted this fine ....if not read on. Mass is about to pass a law that makes anything other than a STOCK OEM exhaust illegal. So those owners thinking of doing the big change in muffler.....look out.
Makes me glad I live in a state where you can not only run anything but you can drive and not get caught in traffic jams. No offense Mass members.....you probably make a lot more than I do but you have a lot more laws and expenses there.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Can you provide any links for news reports or other sources? I've always thought CA had the toughest smog regulations.

Are inspection stations supposed to hoist all the cars up on a lift now and carefully check headers and downpipes? Sounds like it'll be a pain to implement.

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
A few minutes spent on the Web shows this to be great fodder for lots of different car forums - I saw this written about as fact on Subie, STR, Mitsu, and several other forums - but there was never any links or attributions as to where this info comes from other than "someone" said this... a little more sleuthing shows it looks like there was a move afoot to pass this in 2004, and it was referred out of only one of several required committees of the MA house, but has yet to ever come to a vote.

Edit: There was apparently a group of automotive aftermarket suppliers who were threatening to sue MA in 2007 if a law like this were enacted. Seems there was much talk about it at the SEMA show that year. At the time, the law was once again still in committee in the MA House.

Chalk another one up to the Internet where "everything you read is true®."

brad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts