Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

forgestar f14

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  DesertCaymanS 
#1 ·
For those that participated in the group buy, or already have these wheels, are you guys satisfied with the purchase? I know that one of the origional posts complained about the gunmetal finish possibly starting to lift off the surface after a short amount of time with normal cleaning.

I am trying to decide between the F14 in gunmetal vs. OEM sport design 19" for my 2007 boxster s. The car is stock other than that, so I may need to either use the 5mm spacer, or possibly lower the car to make either of them look good. The good new on the F14s seem to be the offsets push the wheels out further than the stock, so no spacers needed, so I could use that $300 to buy the H&R springs to lower the vehicle.

What do you guys think?

#3 ·
I would be interested to see pics of these wheels in gunmetal on a non mod'ed boxster if anyone has them. I would like to see how the sit on a non lowered car (boxter or cayman) and also if the gunmetal color is a match for the titanium color of the stock side air vent on the boxster. Anyone have any input / pics of this? Also, if posting pics please share the offset you ordered as well!

Thanks! :thanks:

#6 ·
That car has a lot of cosmetic mods including black painted side air intakes. The origional air intakes are titanium in color as called by Porshe, I think it is the same (or very similar) as the color of the inside center stack surround, around the radio and HVAC controls. I was just curious if anyone could tell me if the gunmetal color is the same or close to this color. I would also be interested to see an car that is not lowered to see how it sits on these wheels. Please post pics when you get your new rims mounted up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.