Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 19x9 and 19x10 black forgestar's mtd - needed 5mm spacers to fit the 255/30 and 295/30 Yoko AD08's. Big tks to Matt for the grp buy!!Sure is a more aggressive look compared to the Vellano's.:cheers:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Looks good and aggressive!

Could you tell us your offsets, ride height, strut and camber setup?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I can't believe I missed this!

These came out even better than I thought! Black matte really set off the Porsche calipers and the white paint. Once most sets are shipped out, I will set up a Forgestar showcase gallery thread for all you guys :)

P.S.: How are the tires on the track? I have heard nothing but great reviews about them!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: DesertCaymanS

My CS has KW V3's with GT3 control arms and H&R sways.I can't remember the offsets so maybe Matt can chime in here! Heights are 25" frt and 26 5/8 rear.I'll be lowering the rear a 1/4 - 1/2 inch-probably to 26 1/4. I'm running 1.75 deg neg frt and 1.5 deg rear.I plan on a new corner balance next week with the Forgestars. For those looking for a tire that is very good on the track and yet fine for driving on the street look no further than the Yoko AD08's.I drove with traction on until I learned the extended 3.1 mile track at Spring Mountain last weekend.The Yoko's provided outstanding grip and I began to get the traction control to cut in on several turns as I worked up speed. Later I turned the traction off and got the rear end out on the tight turns.Breakaway was very progressive with easy recovery with countersteer - lots of feedback and absolutely no hint of snap or trailing throttle oversteer. Wear was even and tire pressures required minimal adjustment as the cool mornings turned to 70 deg+ highs with hotter track surfaces.I drove my RS4 on track with the Bridgestone RE01's(now replaced with the RE11) and like the Yoko's better.Really didn't push at 9/10's + on track since I was on my heavy and expensive Vellano's - I can't wait for my next trip to the track on the lighter Forgestars. I love the wheels on my white CS - so much so that a set of gunmetal 19's may be replacing them! Anyone want a set of 3 piece forged wheels with the wide lip look?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.