Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some custom offset 19" wheels for autocross. Forgestar seems to be a decent, affordable option. Does anybody have any experience with them? Where do I order them? Does anybody know of any discounts? How long does it take to get them?

Basically I need 19x8.5et50 and 19x10et43 which is within the legal width and offset rules of SCCA. I need something affordable as well.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I bought a set of custom 18" Forgestar w/19" size & offsets ( < 7mm, scca +/-1" rule) through Stranoparts; Sam can answer any questions you have. As you've seen, they're good wheels with a good price. You'll need conical lug bolts and will want hubcentric rings, too. My only complaints are that Porsche caps don't fit, you have to use theirs. And balancing has been difficult, but I don't know if it's a wheel thing, RE-71R thing, or tire shop thing.

They build them on demand and are pooular, so be prepared to wait 2 months.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ordered forgestars for my BB before I even got the car. They powder coated too much of the rim around the center hub and the wheel wouldnt fit. I ended up sending them back for a complete refund. And from what I heard from the vendor,who was exceptionally helpful thru the whole ordeal my wheels werent the only ones w/this problem

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was going to pull the trigger on some, but apparently the fronts won't clear the calipers with the SCCA legal offset. I am still in search of something that I can use for SCCA SOLO legally that is somewhat affordable. I can't believe their 19x8.5et50 doesn't clear our brakes.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I purchased a set of Forgestar F14's a couple of years ago through Getyourwheels.com. The grey color was a 5 week lead time but worth the wait. Tell them you want the sizing for the Porsche factory wheel crests. Mine fit with no problems. I received a lot of complements on them and they really changed the look of the car. No regrets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts