Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
You're buying a certified car from a reputable dealer at a price that you're presumably you're happy with, that has a ton of pics online. Don't sweat it. Enjoy the drive home.

There is no reason to be nervous and just having someone go look at it (while it's probably locked up in the back waiting for it's happy new owner and not be able to drive it) will not be able to ascertain if anything is wrong. If there is anything wrong with it, well... CPO.

I'd spend my time trying to find something fun to do while out there in beautiful Colorado in my new Porsche.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Ed Carroll has a good reputation in FoCo, they wouldn't risk that by selling a car in poor condition and Porsche's Certified Pre-Owned program would never pass it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Last time in Ft Collins we visited the New Belgium brewery. Highly recommend it, not your typical beer tour.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Just because it's a CPO do not mean a discerning eye (and a PPI) should not take a look.

CPO only extends the factory warranty. Nothing more.

Here's the CPO checklist. Not exactly ironclad when the dealer has an incentive to "miss" something. Also, there seems to be no obligation to report body/paint work.

Good luck,

Eddie

Attachments

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
You're buying a certified car from a reputable dealer at a price that you're presumably you're happy with, that has a ton of pics online. Don't sweat it. Enjoy the drive home.

There is no reason to be nervous and just having someone go look at it (while it's probably locked up in the back waiting for it's happy new owner and not be able to drive it) will not be able to ascertain if anything is wrong. If there is anything wrong with it, well... CPO.

I'd spend my time trying to find something fun to do while out there in beautiful Colorado in my new Porsche.
You couldn't be more wrong, I guess you are not a member of rennlist, lots of horror stories of people who assume CPO cars are flawless. Did you know that minor accidents can be CPO, well I didn't know that either until I read the threads. You can respray a panel or two and still can be CPO'ed. The dealer will sell it to you at a CPO price, then the accident shows up on carfax months later, when you try to sell it, even though it was a clear title, it will sell for like a salvage titled car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts