Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone offers you the keys to a free Porsche, do you say no thanks?* I didn’t think so.* Neither do we!In early October, the commissioners at the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) voted unanimously to approve new guidelines that requires web-sites like PorschePurist.com to disclose any freebies, swag, or other form of payment we get [...]

More...

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Interesting that the FTC has discovered that Blogs, which often started as an enthusiast stating their opinions/views about something, have for the most part simply become marketing tools for businesses. Unfortunately, in many cases this has meant that blogs are not always honest in the reviews they make, etc.

It has always been our policy at Planet-9 to disclose any items we've received for testing or other purposes and that these have come from our advertisers. We have also gone further in the past and established rules for our members that they too need to disclose any such arrangements where they've received something from a company in exchange for testing a product or providing a testimonial etc.

While these new guidelines from the FTC are a step in the right direction for blogging sites, a 1 to many publishing model, they don't directly apply to community driven discussion sites and forums, thus we've established our own similar rules to help keep up the integrity of this site.

Any reviews posted by myself or a member of our team will always disclose any relationship with a sponsor or advertiser, even though we don't do endorsements, we do product reviews.

If anyone has any questions about these FTC guidelines or this site please let me know and I will do my best to address them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts