Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Has anyone ever tried these (yellow or black) on their 987? I have an 2006 Cayman S (6 Speed) and my engine mounts have 65K street miles on them and was wondering if these would be a worthwhile albeit small investment. I think by the very small "thud" I get during aggressive throttling mine are starting to wear a bit.

Thanks

Gary

·
Registered
806 Posts
What is the installation procedure? Just reach down in there and insert them? Can the mounts be accessed easily enough to do that? Or does a bunch of stuff (including the mounts) have to be removed first?

·
Vendor
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the installation procedure? Just reach down in there and insert them? Can the mounts be accessed easily enough to do that? Or does a bunch of stuff (including the mounts) have to be removed first?
Here's a good DIY technical article from Pelican Parts that gives step-by-step instructions for how to access and remove the engine mount from the Boxster/Cayman. The inserts slide into the OEM engine mount from either side - it's easier to install them with the engine carrier unbolted from the block, but you may have enough clearance to insert them with the carrier still bolted to the block.

Pelican Technical Article: Replacing Boxster Motor Mounts - 986 / 987

1 - 6 of 6 Posts