Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I would appreciate if you can describe how to remove those hatch bumpers. I assume you move those little tabs, but I wasn't having luck with mine and was concerned about scratching the paint. Thanks!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
I would appreciate if you can describe how to remove those hatch bumpers. I assume you move those little tabs, but I wasn't having luck with mine and was concerned about scratching the paint. Thanks!
I wasn't expecting them to come with the plastic bases and like you, didn't want to risk scratching the paint so I just left the stock ones in there. The actual rubber bumper just screws out.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
I'm sadly selling the Cayman so I can focus on remodeling my place. I'll likely make an ad on Rennlist and gauge interest for a week, then submit to Bring a Trailer.

If anyone's interested, feel free to send me a PM.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sad to see you let go of the Cayman Kiznarsh! I've been following this thread and your youtube videos for confidence in tackling my own projects! Hope to see you back in a Porsche some day!
I'm kinda new to the Porsche experience (and the forum) and I too had bookmarked this thread already for its amazing content relative to my new love.

I was unaware of the video channel that goes along with it. :)
Can someone pm me or post the channel name?

I truly appreciate the kind of effort and generosity that Kiznarsh has shared. Thanks sir.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 Boxster S (ECU tune/Milltek catback exhaust/H&R springs/IPD TB+Plenum/Sport shift/Euro spec)
34 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! I’d suggest a short-throw shifter, stiffer springs (I have H&R on a 987.1) and to increase the noise factor - an aftermarket exhaust. I am sure they are all decent, but it sounds a lot more aggressive when you get the revs up (at low revs it’s just more of a low rumble, fairly inoffensive but definitely not stock). The stiffer springs don’t feel good on bumpy roads but it will handle like a dream, especially with the hydraulic steering.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Sad to see you let go of the Cayman Kiznarsh! I've been following this thread and your youtube videos for confidence in tackling my own projects! Hope to see you back in a Porsche some day!
I truly appreciate the kind of effort and generosity that Kiznarsh has shared. Thanks sir.
Thank you! Appreciate that and glad I was able to help. Turns out I wasn't completely done working on the car. When I went to turn it on for a final wash and photo shoot, saw blue smoke and a CEL for misfires. :(

Ordered new plugs and an AOS which I installed over the weekend. Working on editing the video now, so I'll post that along with photos once they're ready. In the meantime, here are the culprits:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice video. Good to see the misfires fixed and the coldstart smoke gone too. Good job.

Been monitoring rennlist for your potential listing. Haven't seen it pop up. Reconsidering maybe?

It's such a nice car and well maintained.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Nice video. Good to see the misfires fixed and the coldstart smoke gone too. Good job.

Been monitoring rennlist for your potential listing. Haven't seen it pop up. Reconsidering maybe?

It's such a nice car and well maintained.

Thanks! I'm currently negotiating with Bring A Trailer on the reserve. May consider Cars & Bids too. I'll see what happens tomorrow but may put it on Rennlist to gauge interest.

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,859 Posts
I'm sure that you're sorry to see it go, but good luck with the sale.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Your auction made it onto my latest "Keen" update email, hope that brings more money to your auction but also an appreciative and deserving new owner

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Your auction made it onto my latest "Keen" update email, hope that brings more money to your auction but also an appreciative and deserving new owner
View attachment 274113
Interesting, thanks for letting me know! I tried searching for it but came up blank...who sends out the emails? Is "Keen" just a website?

Never mind, found it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Although I want you to get top dollar for a really well documented car, I have to say that it recently (today) passed the "I have to buy that for that price" price. I would have NOT been able to avoid grabbing it. :)

I'm not an auction expert, but I think it's looking good for the seller. It's like I can sense the pressure building. Lol

Personally I need it to be over so I can get on with my life.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
Although I want you to get top dollar for a really well documented car, I have to say that it recently (today) passed the "I have to buy that for that price" price. I would have NOT been able to avoid grabbing it. :)

I'm not an auction expert, but I think it's looking good for the seller. It's like I can sense the pressure building. Lol

Personally I need it to be over so I can get on with my life.

Yeah hopefully this evening's activities were just the warm up...expecting more action tomorrow night and of course all the juicy stuff happens in the last 30 minutes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That was an amazing finish.
Right time, right place, right car.....

Or to put it another way, just imagine 1 year ago? Or basically the same car but with 4000 miles LESS on the odometer? (guessing the mileage of the last 12 months)

I just think it would have been a very different story.

You did GREAT! Congrats

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
That was an amazing finish.
Right time, right place, right car.....

Or to put it another way, just imagine 1 year ago? Or basically the same car but with 4000 miles LESS on the odometer? (guessing the mileage of the last 12 months)

I just think it would have been a very different story.

You did GREAT! Congrats

Yeah that was pretty intense. My reserve was $27k so once it hit that, I felt pretty good and thought it'll climb another one or two grand...didn't expect it to go above $30k! Thanks for following along!

And thanks to everyone else who followed this thread from the beginning. (y)

I'll be back with another Porsche soon enough. :)

121 - 140 of 141 Posts