Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The owner of this car is in for the surprise of his life! Recently came in for our Stage 2 Suspension And our ATP:2 Stage 2 Turbo system... So to recap, roughly 200whp more and better handling!?! Sounds good to us!

What can I say, we have a soft spot for red caymans :)

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
I like how it appears completely stock, a true "sleeper" if such a thing could ever be said for a Porsche!

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Hey Casey,

Can you PM me pricing for the same work? Maybe you can price suspension and engine work separately. Will any additional work need to be done such as clutch?

Thanks!
-Moto

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
I like how it appears completely stock, a true "sleeper" if such a thing could ever be said for a Porsche!
Isn't that because it IS stock - photos appear to be before the TPC work?
Certainly not turbocharged.

·
Caymaniac
5,655 Posts
A Guard's Red Porsche sleeper?

You have to admit that this is funny. Only people who know specifically what a Cayman is would NOT expect the car to be the quickest thing on the road and cost more than a hundred grand.

We need a new term...double sleeper...to convey the fact that you can only fool car experts. LOL.

More pics in progress, please. Very cool.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Casey,

I've read some of the threads in regards your turbo (very informative and fun reads), and in one the MPG came into question. Can you tell us what effect your turbo system generally has on MPG?

Also, your system is often installed on stock exhaust headers, and I was wondering if you could inform us of any further performance gains that might be realized with say Capristo headers installed, as it seems these would allow for a far better exhaust-gas flow.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
James, Our Stage 2 Turbo system includes Catless headers(from fabspeed). I have never experienced the capristo headers, but we always recommend the pieces from Fabspeed.

Fuel economy differs from client to client. Maybe someone will chime in as there are a number of them that are driven daily.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks, Casey. I hope someone does chime-in with some MPH info.

Actually the Fabspeed headers look extremely similar to the Capristo's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
With all the modifications and the stage 2 Turbo I have been told to expect 540 hp at the fly wheel. The "before" dyno run came in at 265 at the rear wheels. I have been told this is typical for a stock Cayman S. TPC will run an "after" dyno probably next week. I have been told it should be about 470 at the wheels.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yes, that is Tim's plan. Specifically, he wants to fool certain Corvette drivers... ;) Currently I'm taking out a life insurance policy on Mister Ziegenfus, he told me he was just swapping in a K&N airfilter and a bigger set of mufflers...

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
With all the modifications and the stage 2 Turbo I have been told to expect 540 hp at the fly wheel. The "before" dyno run came in at 265 at the rear wheels. I have been told this is typical for a stock Cayman S. TPC will run an "after" dyno probably next week. I have been told it should be about 470 at the wheels.
My inital dyno with milteck headers, catback and softronic flash was around 280 at the wheels --

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Nice. Can I ask what the final cost was for adding these upgrades?

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Wow. I am sure the results are awesome.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts