Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am have been thinking about upgrading the front calipers on my 987.1 with the CS calipers. Has anyone done this conversion? I know I have to upgrade the rotors to a larger size but I am not sure if I need to upgrade anything else? Also can I upgrade to the 996 calipers?

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,631 Posts
I have a set of S calipers and disks available for sale. This is a fairly common upgrade.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
From your question I assume you have a non-S. You may need at least 18" wheels in order to have enough clearance for the calipers and bigger rotors. That may not be an issue you since 18" were optional or you may already have after-market wheels.

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,107 Posts
If you go that route you may need the uprights (or spacers as well as new bolts) and the backing plate as well. It isn't as simple as you may think. In addition you would also change the brake bias since the piston area changes. HTH

·
PCA / POC Member & Club Donor
1,932 Posts
The PET (parts catalog) show the same upright for the S and non-S.

Cheers,

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From your question I assume you have a non-S. You may need at least 18" wheels in order to have enough clearance for the calipers and bigger rotors. That may not be an issue you since 18" were optional or you may already have after-market wheels.
I do have 18" wheel wheels, thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The PET (parts catalog) show the same upright for the S and non-S.

Cheers,
Thanks for the info.

If you go that route you may need the uprights (or spacers as well as new bolts) and the backing plate as well. It isn't as simple as you may think. In addition you would also change the brake bias since the piston area changes. HTH
I will look into the brake bias.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts