Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Cayman
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be a lacking selection of front lips made for the 987.2. Has anyone had any luck with any of the universal polyurethane lips out there or the rubber ones like All-Fit or EZ Fit? Pics are always appreciated.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I think I've asked the same question here and on Rennlist and was responded to by silence. I'll be subscribing to this thread in hopes we can get a response.

Reactions: 11Cayman

·
Registered
3 Posts
All-Fit shows a "cut a tiny V trick" in the install video, doing that to match the particular shape might make it look even more 'official' for the given front end.

Forgive my ignorance on this one, Can the 987.1 use the same after market front end 'stuff' as the general production year 911? or is that only after swapping out the aero?

·
Registered
2011 Cayman
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgive my ignorance on this one, Can the 987.1 use the same after market front end 'stuff' as the general production year 911? or is that only after swapping out the aero?
Sorry, I'm new to Porsches and am trying to figure all this stuff out as I go.

·
Registered
2011 Cayman S w/ TPC turbo
319 Posts
I have Jon May's poly lips and GT4 wings on my 987.1 and 987.2. If your car is lowered at all the lip will drag all over the place - bumps, humps, depressions, driveways, etc. You will have to watch everywhere you go. I can't believe that All-Fit lip will stay on w/ tape alone; indeed, I have major screws and other attachment devices on mine and they still come loose.

Reactions: 11Cayman

·
Registered
511 Posts
Bill - thanks. Sounds like a lip isn't the answer to the scrapes under my bumper. Mebbe I should get that section painted, and then add some sort of rollers that push it up a bit before it gets scraped up. Or even metal sliders..

·
Registered
33 Posts
I tried the all fit lip and it doesnt 100% work (or i havent been able to really seal it like id want) due to the front being slghtly angled....In lieu i massaged to make this lip fit

·
Registered
2011 Cayman
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried the all fit lip and it doesnt 100% work (or i havent been able to really seal it like id want) due to the front being slghtly angled....In lieu i massaged to make this lip fit

View attachment 273687 View attachment 273688 View attachment 273689
That looks great. Who makes that lip? Did it take much trimming to get it to work?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can shoot you a link to the lip, essentially i just had to heat it up just a little (literally not much) so it bends around the front a little more, otherwise i just screwed it in LOL

·
Registered
2011 Cayman
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

View attachment 273687 View attachment 273688 View attachment 273689
I can shoot you a link to the lip, essentially i just had to heat it up just a little (literally not much) so it bends around the front a little more, otherwise i just screwed it in LOL
That link would be appreciated. I'll get the heat gun ready. :)

·
Registered
829 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
@wmclarenf1 can you post pics good sir?

and +1 on the scraping...i have the ST coils and even with a mild drop with the lip i have to be extra careful on grades and uneven pavement/drains lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts