Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear a clunk from the front of my car when going over sharp bumps in the road. Does not happen over smoother undulations.

Before I look at tougher things. Can you tell me if when you press the front trunk down (on the Porsche emblem) while the trunk is properly closed can you hear it clunk. My pinkie hurts too much before I can press it to make the clunk, but I can use my thumb to press on the Porsche emblem and will hear a clunk. It is coming from the latch area, and clunks every time I press it down.

Now... is that normal, or not and that could be the source of the clunk that I hear when driving?

I guess I can try this on my friends 911 as well... same trunk latch design.

Tomasz

·
CVR Rally Chair
71 Posts
I experienced the same thing but was misidentifing it as coming from the latch. Most likely it is your drop links gone bad. They aren't that expensive and and easy DIY. Once I replaced mine the noise stopped and the handling improved.

You having an 07 though makes me wonder, but if you track it and have never upgraded from stock then they might have gone already. Jack up the car, take the wheel off and see if you have any play there. If it does turn out to be the latch there are two bold holding it to the body just behind the carpet. There usually is some room for adjustment there if need be.

Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts