Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some advice and/or opinions regarding the causes of what feels like the front of my cayman becoming light at speeds over 120mph.
My current set up is bilstiens pss9 coilovers on their lightest setting and lowering the car all arround 1". Along with that, the car is equipped with the tpc racing sway bar and racing toe links also set to the lightest setting. front end alighnment is set to factory specs according to the shop. The characteristic appeared after first having the sway bar installed and has not changed with the addition of the bilsteins. As mentioned earlier, when I go over 120 the front end seems light and drifts a little side to side. It does not feel well planted. I accepted this as normal until a fellow club member mentioned it after he drove my car. The other mods include tpc's turbo kit and nr auto's rear wing attached to the rear hatch.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You are likely going front end light with extra rear downforce, unless you forgot to mention that you had a new larger front spoiler/splitter to match the new rear wing. Otherwise it can be attributed to front end alignment-probably not the correct toe.:)

·
Registered
292 Posts
You are likely going front end light with extra rear downforce, unless you forgot to mention that you had a new larger front spoiler/splitter to match the new rear wing.
I agree with Bruce. You will need a new front splitter to match the bigger rear wing.

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,646 Posts
Yep a more efficient front splitter. Talk to TPC about your front bar setup. I'm running mine 1 hole from full stiff. The car likes a stiff F bar.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks gentlemen, I will look into both the sugestions. Is there a front spoiler anyone is partial to?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
the only front splitter that has been aero tested on a cayman(from what i know) is the factory porsche piece. That is what we installed on the car that runs 180+mph in the top speed runs.

call tom tomorrow at the shop for front bar setup, that may be part of your problem, however, at 120mph, i believe it might be aero.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Might want to check with Bodhii, he tracks his car and has a Techart/NR Auto Rear GT wing on his car and Alan's (motordrive) front splitter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts