Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Darn I hate those high parking curbs. What fools think everyone has a stupid SUV? So, I need to replace the Front Shield because it is all torn up. Part number 991-504-601-04. Has anyone done it and it there any trick to it? There is not You Tube on that and I restore cars for a hobby (356, 912, etc.) so I am handy. It looks like I can get the shield for $120-130 bucks. Yes, I was stupid to screw it up, but...............it is screwed up.

Any comments appreciated,

Frederick Adler
San Diego

1962 Porsche 356 B "S"
1968 Porsche Targa 912 softie
2014 Porsche Boxster (the grocery getter)
1961 Corvair Rampside

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
If you mean the rubber lip under the front spoiler, mines pretty ripped up. The real reason I posted tho is to compliment your garage. Love the rampside.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Darn I hate those high parking curbs. What fools think everyone has a stupid SUV? So, I need to replace the Front Shield because it is all torn up. Part number 991-504-601-04. Has anyone done it and it there any trick to it?
That looks to be just a bolt-on part. You may need to remove additional panels to get to it as they sometimes like to overlap them, but I bet if you got the front tires on a ramp it would be straightforward.

If you mean the rubber lip under the front spoiler, mines pretty ripped up. The real reason I posted tho is to compliment your garage. Love the rampside.
My rubber lip was recently damaged but fortunately not of the tabs were broken. It just snaps into place in case you ever get a new one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.