Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member just purchased a 2005 base boxer for my wife
The front trunk light will not go on.
I have 12 volts to both terminals of the light.
I have pulled the micro switch out and checked it.(Check O.K.)
I don't have a wiring diagram does micro switch go to the alarm system or something else.
Thanks Bernie

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
There used to be an articles section on the previous version of this site that had the wiring diagram for the 987.1. I can't find it now but I will tell you what the circuit looks like. One side of the switch goes to ground. The other side goes to a control unit. One side of the bulb goes to ground and the other side goes to the same control unit as the switch. The way you described it It sounds like the bulb is missing a ground. The ground for the switch is grounded at "the right front of luggage compartment". The ground for the bulb is grounded at "the left side of middle support frame".

The wire colors are blk/red control unit to bulb...brn/grn bulb to ground....yel/wht control unit to switch....brn switch to ground.

The diagram also shows that the homelink switch 2 led is grounded to the same point as the bulb.

·
Registered
18 Posts
New member just purchased a 2005 base boxer for my wife
The front trunk light will not go on.
I have 12 volts to both terminals of the light.
I have pulled the micro switch out and checked it.(Check O.K.)
I don't have a wiring diagram does micro switch go to the alarm system or something else.
Thanks Bernie
I disconnected the connector to remove the casing before brake fluid change 2 weeks ago on my 987.2 andit was reported on my OBD2 scanner.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For what it’s worth, in my 986, the tiniest little piece of a pine needle fell down into the latch and got stuck in the microswitch. Since cleaning the microswitch out, I’ve never had another problem with the light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts