Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having an issue as there is a funky smell in my frunk.
Smells like something small crawled up my car and died there.

I've tried wiping the carpet down and putting some dry newspaper to absorb the smell but hasn't really worked so far.
only other thing i can think of is some water spilled from a container the other day (probably only a few tablespoons worth).

I've checked the front storage compartments and tool/pump area and cant seem to find anything.....any clues?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks a bunch guys for the comments and helped me look at different options....

The first question when I complained - was if the smell was of fuel?
Since it wasn't - I gather from research on Planet 9 - most smells are fuel charcoal canister related, the nose hunt started.

The shop team removed all the frunk carpets and gave it a nice steam clean, assisted with some meguiars odor eliminator and undercarriage inspection to make sure all is in order.
The stars are now aligned again! hope it stays that way.

I suspect as my daily driver something else might have spilled without my realising and because the frunk is quite deep I may have missed it when I removed items in low light conditions.
Maybe time to get a liner for it!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I would pull the battery and see if it is leaking anywhere.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
If you live in the country, I'd check for a dead mouse. They look for warm areas in the winter, and the car fits the bill after a 20+ minute drive.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thankfully no dead animals or such there.
Just something on the interior carpets which has been cleaned.

What I meant was that when people complain of a smell it's usually fuel or cosmoline related.

The shop guys essentially took out the interior of the frunk including the lining and plastic panels to investigate and no issues with battery.

Now shopping for a liner as it most likely was an unnoticed spill on a grocery run :)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
maybe it was durians? lol

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Luckily you didn't smell fuel. I had a fuel smell in there ... after a few trips to some incompetent mechanic (which found absolutely nothing) and then to a competent one, I realized there is a crack on the fuel tank on the top! That wasn't cheap to fix ...

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha :) zedcat

Done a grocery run and a beer carton run but not yet a durian run!

Zinger, yup read about your recent petrol smell issues during my self trouble shooting research. Glad you got it resolved.

Lemon, do you happen to ship internationally?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts