Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Fully expected this to be somewhere close to the Gulf Coast, considering your avatar. :)

Beautiful car.

Edit: so that Macan loaner you drove while the dealership installed your new cup holder......It made that much of an impression? :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fully expected this to be somewhere close to the Gulf Coast, considering your avatar. :)

Beautiful car.

Edit: so that Macan loaner you drove while the dealership installed your new cup holder......It made that much of an impression? :)
Thanks!
I drove an Acura Vigor and two TSX's for 25 years before this Porsche. It changed my life but not in the way most guys are on here. I don't race or track but I do like to push it in corners and leave the pack behind me on the expressway. The Porsche gets respect out on the road. Yesterday I was looking at a 70 1/2 Camaro Z-28 as it passed me coming the other way, slowly, and I as looked up at the driver I saw he was looking at me, smiling and nodding his head. I guess I had my fun with this car and I'm ready to move on, I just turned 64 yesterday. That Macan was nice and handled well, I thought "I could probably drive this every day". Then I realized it was the base model (4 cyl turbo) and I could get the S model (6 cyl turbo, an additional 100 hp). That'll be fun. I did see a Macan GTS for sale locally but they want $67k, out of my price range.

For those of you who are relatively new to Porsche, you KNOW. It's not like driving a Mustang or Camaro, at all. Certainly not like a Acura TSX. On my first test drive with the sales guy, I said out loud "This feels like... a sled." If you accelerate in a TSX and then take your foot off the pedal, it continues to glide and decelerates slowly. With the Tiptronic in 3rd or 4th, it's much like a manual transmission. You can feel it decelerate, it slows down. I thought something was wrong with the test car. Completely different driving experience. Acura's are known to have a high cabin noise but the Cayman is crazy high. I drove a 911 turbo for a few blocks and it was insane. Yeah, I know THEY'RE REAL SPORTS CARS

Again, selling it is not like selling a Mustang or Camaro. I haven't had a single serious inquiry in the first week. One guy asked if I was interested in a trade +cash. No, man. I don't want your Dodge Charger and $8000. Wow. I guess I'll drive it and wait.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Honestly, I daydream that I'd have already crossed the Sabine and grabbed it from you if it was the 2.7 Base motor and manual tranny. (And took it back to Texas)

I have a Base Boxster sister car to your Cayman. I know it sounds crazy but I want the same exact car in Cayman for rainy days and longer travels.

I will be 63 in a few days. I've concluded that there's no law against having both versions of the 987's. :)

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got an offer via CarGurus: $23,000 if I deliver it to New Bedford MA. I'm in Kansas. LOL Road trip and then take the bus home??? Pay $2000 to have it trailered??

·
Registered
87 Posts
I thought there were shippers that specialize in these things and the going rate for a journey like that was in the $600-900 range.

Have you tried Carvana?

·
Registered
2008 Cayman RS (my version) and 2010 GT3
482 Posts
I say hold out for someone willing to come and get it.... what a lazy @ss potential buyer

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought there were shippers that specialize in these things and the going rate for a journey like that was in the $600-900 range.

Have you tried Carvana?

Pretty sure Carvana will offer $15K or so.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Arnold from Omaha NE is interested. He wanted me to open the engine cover and take pics. Hey man, I'm an accoutant, not a mechanic. Told him I'd take it to the Porsche dealer or anyone else locally and pay $100 towards a PPI for him if he'd share the results with me. SHOULD I PUT THAT IN THE AD???

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guy on Facebook Marketplace (I know, sorry. I did sell my Acura there with no bites on Autotrader though.) wants to see more pics. I referred him to the Autotrader ad for pics and YouTube for my walk around, interior, and two start up videos. Have a look, tell me what you think. I can take it. Really.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also, I'm concerned about when title and $ change hands. Had a flash in my mind that I get the car all the way to MA and the guy goes "...um... Nah, I don't want it." Jeez, would you buy a car that you had not even seen, let alone drove first??? I wouldn't.

·
Registered
2008 Cayman RS (my version) and 2010 GT3
482 Posts
Man the lengths people are willing to go to buy a car.... if your buying a car, then it’s up to the buyer to drag his @ss to the location... or eat a d*ck... if he’s serious he’ll show

·
Registered
2006 Cayman S 6spd
27 Posts
Just got an offer via CarGurus: $23,000 if I deliver it to New Bedford MA. I'm in Kansas. LOL Road trip and then take the bus home??? Pay $2000 to have it trailered??
I recently bought a 2007 CS. Had it shipped from IL to northern VT $750.00

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guy Named Tony: "What's your bottom price?"
Me: "Make an offer"
Guy Named Tony: "$15,000"
Me: "How do I block you on here? Stop wasting my time."

I mean, do I LOOK like a distressed seller???

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There's threads on every forum lately claiming amazing offers from Carvana. You got nothing to lose. And I think they come fetch it with the check in hand.
"
Your Carvana Offer
$17,150

And I have to drive it 150 miles to OK City.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Disappointing. Smells a lot like a KBB valuation.

I honestly thought Carvana would break the $20k barrier.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Disappointing. Smells a lot like a KBB valuation.

Message received at 2:06am this morning: "Hi Stuart, are you interested in any trades? I have got a nice dodge ram trx with a tow package I am looking to get rid of and down size to something else." All I can do is shake my head.

On the plus side, CarGurus ranked it a "Good Deal". The market appears to be in flux. Speculators see opportunity.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts