Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
// Mid-week price drop 2
// Weekend price drop 1

Hello P9 community. I've just gotten into a 997.2 so my 987.2 is up for sale. The car was purchased exactly one year ago and maintained with an open checkbook mindset. Car is located in San Francisco, CA and details are as below.

Cayman spec:

• Black Exterior, Black Interior, 6-speed manual transmission
  • Heated Seats, Universal Audio Interface, Porsche crest seats
  • Bi-Xenon Headlights w/Dynamic Cornering (surprisingly difficult to find on a Base)

Vehicle details:
  • 93.4k miles, 4 owners
  • No accidents. clean Carfax, CA car since 2013
  • 2 keys, owners manual binder, binder of records and receipts
  • Clear title in hand; registration paid for through August 2022.

Fresh in the last 3k miles:
  • Michelin Pilot Sport 4S front and rear tires
  • All 6 Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs
  • Cabin Air Filter, Accessory belt
  • Power Steering Fluid, Transmission Fluid, Oil Change
  • Hood shocks

In the last 50 miles:
  • Brake Fluid, Oil Change
  • Alignment, Road force balancing of all 4 tires
Additionally:
  • Shifter cable replaced with newer no-fail part number
  • Front and rear brakes at 6+ mm remaining
Car went through an inspection upon purchase and again last month. Brakes, suspension, mounts, bushings were all given green light by ISM. This Cayman is ready for the next 30k miles of driving.

There is some pitting on the front bumper and on the windshield from highway driving.

Car is absolutely stock except:
  • Forgestar F14 Wheels in Anthracite w/Porsche Color Centercaps
  • Brembo brake kit (yellow calipers) - same brakes as an S. This is the only install I do not have paperwork on.
  • Eibach Pro Lowering Springs
Asking $27.5k. Will consider trades for a Macan or something else family friendly +/- cash as applicable

I'm a 2x time 987.1S owner who wanted to get into a 987.2 and avoid the bore scoring/IMS failure anxiety. Given the bulletproof nature of the non-DFI 987.2 2.9L engine, I was OK with a high mileage variant, and haven't been disappointed. Car is identical in feel to my 987.1 S cars and the 30 fewer hp is surprisingly not noticeable. This is, in my opinion, the most reliable way to experience the last analog Porsches with hydraulic steering and robust naturally aspirated flat sixes.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Gear shift Speedometer Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car Automotive parking light
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Speedometer Steering part
Automotive parking light Grille Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate
Luggage and bags Netbook Wood Bag Rectangle
Font Material property Paper Pattern Paper product

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Weekend price drop.

I'm surprised at the number of folks seeking a 987.1 S over a 987.2 Base. Having owned both, I can say that the latter is definitely the better choice!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently picked up the Cayman .2 Base and super happy with it - this is nearly a bulletproof motor and a perfect platform to learn and build skills on track and yet blast out all the engine’s performance around town and still be within the speed limit!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Weekend price drop.

I'm surprised at the number of folks seeking a 987.1 S over a 987.2 Base. Having owned both, I can say that the latter is definitely the better choice!
They don't know what they don't know.
A so-called Base Porsche is ALL Porsche.
And Porsche never called it "Base". We do that.

I'd be negotiating with you in a heartbeat if I was looking.

Edit: In fact, if you lower it much more, this car is going to get in my head. I don't NEED a 3rd 2-seater, but this car is a better car than either of mine.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mid-week price drop. Hope to be able to find a buyer before I leave town this Thursday!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts