Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These are OEM Porsche bixenon adaptive headlights in like new condition. I had intended to do a retrofit onto my CR and have since sold the car so these are not up for sale. My loss is your gain.

SOLD

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's a fair price for truly "like new"

May I ask their history? Maybe some pics in unflattering angles?

I recently acquired a 987.1 Boxster and although it is pretty amazing that it is in such good condition, that fact actually has me putting effort towards restoring it to "like new", literally.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for the picture. I'm a little embarrassed that I wasn't aware that the headlights changed in 2009 (987.2 VS 987.1)

I'm learning as fast as I can though. I'm a 987.1 and had assumed that the Bi-Xenon lights changed

·
Registered
33 Posts
So I've got a 987.1 with b-Xenox's. Would these fit? because mine look a little tired
I had made that same consideration but noticed how the pictures showed 2 shutter lense housings rather than just one. I then researched and discovered that the 987.2 got new headlight design. I think they even altered the shape too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had made that same consideration but noticed how the pictures showed 2 shutter lense housings rather than just one. I then researched and discovered that the 987.2 got new headlight design. I think they even altered the shape too.

Yeah, I asked the question then did some light research and concluded the same. Fair price though, Suncoast has one headlight listed at like 1.2k. I think if someone replaces a lenses they should replace the module and "bulb" too. Thats another $650 for one side. I think I'll just try Griot's headlight restorer I've got sitting on the shelf.

·
Registered
492 Posts
It's a very fair deal, I don't have the Bi Xenon and think they look better, (it's the one option I wish the dealer had ordered). However, if I was going to put money in my car there are other priorities but finding a pair in excellent condition at that price is a very rare occasion indeed.

·
Registered
511 Posts
These are OEM Porsche bixenon adaptive headlights in like new condition. I had intended to do a retrofit onto my CR and have since sold the car so these are not up for sale. My loss is your gain.

650 plus shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So - what model (987.1 or 987,2) are these for? If .2 I'm interested.. if they're complete (ballast and bulbs)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holy crap! Sorry guys!

I had no idea these would have this much interest.

These are for 987.2 cars only. The lights are shaped completely different in the .1 cars. I purchased these used almost 3 years ago from a totaled 987.2 (rear end, lights were fine) with only 9k miles on it. I intended to do the full conversion to my halogen headlight car. I never got around to it as I didn’t want to buy the OE wiring harness. Though they’re now available on eBay for fairly cheap.

From my research, there are 3 components needed to convert the halogen to HID conversion.
These lights
OEM adaptive leveling arm and sensor ( I also have this and could include in the sale)
HID headlight harness.

I sold the car so I’m hoping someone else is willing to pickup where I left off and pioneer the swap. Would be an awesome tutorial and the results are killer.

Thanks again for all the interest. I’ve included more photos in the initial post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
511 Posts
payment sent. thanks.
Good for you..

If you're retrofitting these into a 987.2 halogen-equipped model, hopefully, you can document this project. I did a bit of searching on eBay last night and came across what might be the wiring harness needed to connect the lights. ⭐ Porsche 987 Boxster Cayman Front Trunk Lid Headlight Harness Plug Wire Oem | eBay
That's Porsche PN 997.612.551.20 - This is off a 2005 model, so the question is if the part changed for the 2009 model year? According to some cross-references it didn't, but I haven't confirmed that on the Porsche parts catalog.

There is still the issue of the level control, and which module provides the needed circuitry to enable it.. I didn't get quite that far into research last night, but hopefully, you can solve this.

Of course, you might be buying these to replace existing HID/Lintronic lights on a 987.2 car - in that case - never mind. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts