Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am contemplating doing an LS swap so up for sell is my turbo kit, forged engine, drivetrain, clutch, ECU, and other things...

I have a 987 with a forged engine from LN Engineering (JE pistions, Nikasil Liners, IMS update, carbon crank etc...) that is designed for boost, transaxle, stage 3 clutch, TPC Racing stage 3 turbo kit with GReddy profec boost controller. Includes a flashed ECU with three tunes, 91, 93, and 100 (race gas). The setup has 25k miles, and running very strong. I had compression test and bore scope analysis and all cylinders were around 175-180 PSI and no scoring of the cylinders at all. IMS is perfect as well. Entire setup is still in the car so you can test drive and inspect. Not going to pull it out until I have a buyer. Everything works perfectly, no issues, noises, leaks or anything like that. Will include pics, videos, or anything you want to see. Shoot me an offer, worst I can say is no, thank you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you rebuilt a 3.4 motor to 10:0 compression and now wanting an LS? You should be able to run some serious boost now with compression that low.. what turbo is with those kits?
Want to go for big power, maybe 800whp. Not sure what turbo the kit has, TPC keeps it a secret for some reason. It is a 3.6l, not 3.4l btw

·
Registered
2008 Cayman RS (my version) and 2010 GT3
1,006 Posts
You can ask TPC what turbo they use then... I know this setup can not do 800hp, which is why I want to do the LS swap.
If anyone is interested in the setup please message me directly, thank you.
I have no interest however the right turbo on that motor you’d spank an LS….
Just saying

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
You might be able to sell that motor to a guy in Texas who has chunks of cylinder scoring in his oil filter. He is using a TPC turbo as well so its just the motor he needs. Check out the listing for a 06 with chucks in the filter. It looks very uggly, but the engine still runs.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
One of the comments were made by a 981 owner and another with a 9A1 motor in a 987.2 like a 981 engine. So yes, but again, as others noted, you run the risk of motor damage as neither a M97 or 9A1 engine was designed to run that boost/compression with sufficient piston/rings cooling. The stock engine simply has too much compression to be boosted in this manor safely for long periods of time. Like your friend going up a long mountain pass that has room to stomp on the gas for long periods of time. This is especially critical in high elevations as the fuel/air ratios are off with this turbo setup. TPC does compensate somewhat but not like the ECU was made for the turbo as is the case with a 996 turbo car. You will simply be adding a turbo modification to an already complex injection system. You take your chances on catastrophic consequences.

Reactions: thestuntdummy

·
Registered
2008 Cayman RS (my version) and 2010 GT3
1,006 Posts
I’ve been saying this was a bad idea since the beginning… it would be cheaper to sell your stock motor and swap it for a 996/997TT motor… these were built to run boost levels…
Once you pop that stock motor (because you will) then your 10-20k into a rebuild.. plus the price of that turbo kit… $o upside down

1 - 17 of 17 Posts