Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if any of you other CA drivers have this problem, but it really annoys me. When filling at the gas station, the automatic pump cutoff happens too soon, usually with another couple of gallons left to go. Then to get the tank actually full, it's a series of half pulls on the pump nozzle that takes forever.

Saw this in today's advertising email from Suncoast:
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/PK9X7NOZZLE.html

I'll give it a try and let you know how it works.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
I just started a thread in 987 Modifications about the same thing after seeing the Suncoast email. Yes I have the same problem.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Cool. Was. Problem with my 986, not so far with the 981. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I received the "collar" a couple of days ago. Installation is quite simple, it just slides over the filler neck. There is no interference with the cap.

Tonight I stopped at the station that has pumps that usually give me trouble. Success! The high points on the collar prevent the rubber ring on the fuel nozzle from tightly sealing on the filler neck. You can hear some air being sucked in between the ring and the neck, preventing the hard suction that is the cause of the problem. It filled right up to where it's supposed to, and clicked off just right.

That's only one test, but it works as advertised, and I'm happy with the results. I'll call it ten bucks well spent. :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts