Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I refilled my tank. I had a range still of around 70 km letf. As usual I filled up to the top.
When I switched on the engine, the gauge was still showing less than 1 quarter tank and 70 km.

In order to ensure the tank was full I tried 3 different fuel stations. Always full but the gauge indicator still indicating less than 1 quarter/70 km. No leakings. I drove fow a while until the tank gauge showed completely empty and no km left. Still runing.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
231 Posts
This morning I refilled my tank. I had a range still of around 70 km letf. As usual I filled up to the top.
When I switched on the engine, the gauge was still showing less than 1 quarter tank and 70 km.

In order to ensure the tank was full I tried 3 different fuel stations. Always full but the gauge indicator still indicating less than 1 quarter/70 km. No leakings. I drove fow a while until the tank gauge showed completely empty and no km left. Still runing.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your advice.
Well assuming you have digital gauges and not analog, I would say it's most likely the fuel sender unit or maybe just the wire connection. A quick and simple diagnostics at your dealership (or wherever your trusted service is) should find that pretty easy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts