Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All-

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the full leather treatment that is offered with the Cocoa 'Special' leather option(RA) in Black instead? The only option I can find for Black is the full leather 'seat' (AT) but this does not include leather on the dashboard, console, door trim, etc. like the Cocoa offering. The price for the full leather seat is $2095 whereas the Cocoa 'Special' leather option runs 2,525.

I really would like to get the leather coverage that can be had with the Cocoa option but in Black instead.

Thanks for any info on this topic.

Tracy

·
Registered
224 Posts
Tracy,

I'm confused as to what your asking, are you implying that "Special" Cocoa leather will mean that your car is fully treated with leather? If so, this isn't the case. Or are you referring to some other option that I'm not aware of?

·
Former Member
1,685 Posts
Hi All-

...but this does not include leather on the dashboard, console, door trim, etc. like the Cocoa offering.
Tracy

Tracy - I do have the Full Leather option in Black. My understanding of “Special” in Cocoa refers to the modeling of the leather, or “Special”. But with the Full Leather option regardless of color the ”Leather Rear Center Console” is not included, but is an additional option.

zornet

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the clarification. The reason I ask is because the ordering guide specifically does not state that the dashboard, instrument cluster, door tops, etc. are covered with leather. Is this documented somewhere else?

Thanks,
Tracy

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
I don't know where there's documentation, but when you buy any of the 'special leather' packages (terracotta, natural brown or cocoa) you're buying the full leather interior package along with it. Ask your dealer - they've beens selling that option that way for a long time.

brad

Edited by - beez on 06/12/2006 11:05:19 AM

·
Registered
353 Posts
You should also consider additional leather add-ons of steering column, instrument surround, sun visors, center console as mentioned, deoor finishers, storage lid bin with Porsche crest or Cayman S embossed, and perhaps door finishers although they may get scratched up with fingernails. -sjd

·
Former Member
1,685 Posts
You should also consider additional leather add-ons of steering column, instrument surround, sun visors, center console as mentioned, deoor finishers, storage lid bin with Porsche crest or Cayman S embossed, and perhaps door finishers although they may get scratched up with fingernails. -sjd

Don’t forget your checkbook $$$$$$$.

zornet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts