Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Vendor
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Experience the difference that 30+ years in Porsche tuning makes. We have taken everything off the table and have unleashed everything that the 981 Boxster, Cayman and GTS platforms can safely develop.

We will be offering our new DIY delivery tool and software at a price of $ 896 until June 10th, 2016*.

To place your order please visit our website (if you are not automatically routed there via your Ip address), select the appropriate software for your 981 (under engine, performance software), enter Promo Code: software sale. Or contact me directly via PM or email.

981 Boxster Software Details:

+28 crank HP & +22 crank TQ gain on the Boxster. All while offering ultra-smooth drivability and reliability that you expect from your Porsche®.

FVD Software Power Gains:
Max. Power - 215 kW (293 HP) @ 7500rpm
Max. Torque - 310 Nm (229 lb.-ft.) @ 5500rpm
Max. Speed - 270 km/h (169 mph)
Max. RPM - 7900 rpm
Acceleration 0-100 km/h (0-62.5 mph) - 5.5s

Genuine:
Engine - 6 Cylinder Boxer
Capacity - 2706ccm
Compression ratio - 12.5:1
Max. Power - 195 kW (265 HP) @ 6700rpm
Max. Torque - 280 Nm (207 lb.-ft.) @ 4500-6500rpm
Max. Speed - 262 km/h (164 mph)
Max. RPM - 7800 rpm
Acceleration 0-100 km/h (0-62.5 mph)* - 5.7s

981 Cayman Software Details:

+18 crank HP & +15 crank TQ gain on the Cayman. All while offering ultra-smooth drivability and reliability that you expect from your Porsche®.

Max. Power - 215 kW (293 HP) @ 7500rpm
Max. Torque - 310 Nm (229 lb.-ft.) @ 5500rpm
Max. Speed - 270 km/h (169 mph)
Max. RPM - 7900 rpm
Acceleration 0-100 km/h (0-62.5 mph) - 5.5s

Genuine:
Capacity - 2706ccm
Max. Power - 195 kW (265 HP) @ 6700rpm
Max. Torque - 280 Nm (207 lb.-ft.) @ 4500-6500rpm
Max. Speed - 262 km/h (164 mph)
Max. RPM - 7800 rpm
Acceleration 0-100 km/h (0-62.5 mph)* - 5.7s

981 GTS Software Details:

+12 crank HP & +11 crank TQ gain on the GTS. All while offering ultra-smooth drivability and reliability that you expect from your Porsche®.

Max. Power - 259 kW (352 HP) @ 7500rpm
Max. Torque - 395 Nm (291 lb.-ft.) @ 5500rpm
Max. Speed - 293 km/h (183 mph)
Max. RPM - 7900 rpm
Acceleration 0-100 km/h (0-62.5 mph) - 4.7s

Genuine:
Capacity - 3436ccm
Max. Power - 250 kW (340 HP) @ 7400rpm
Max. Torque - 380 Nm (280 lb.-ft.) @ 4750-5800rpm
Max. Speed - 285 km/h (178 mph)
Max. RPM - 7800 rpm
Acceleration 0-100 km/h (0-62.5 mph)* - 4.8s

* All Based on Porsche® AG (Germany) stated power.

FVD Brombacher Software = Power with Peace of Mind.

Since 1983, FVD-Brombacher has been setting the standard for Porsche® engine building and tuning in Germany. Our broad mechanical knowledge of the flat 6 Porsche® engine naturally led to our development of Engine Management software. Over the years we have perfected the art of software tuning, making substantial gains in horsepower and torque, while retaining drivability and most importantly reliability. Unlike many others in the industry, our only focus is software for Porsche®. This allows us to bring you the most polished, factory-smooth and powerful aftermarket software product for Porsche® period.

CONVENIENT – FVD Software Programming can be done in the comfort and privacy of your own home or by one of our recommended dealers, there is no need to risk damage to the ECU by removing it and shipping it. Programming with this tool is a simple, guided experience that requires little user input and about an hour or two at the most. It is a simple process by which you read out your vehicles original software file with our handheld software tool. You then connect the tool to a computer and email the downloaded software to us; we alter the original file and send both the back via email. Our software delivery tool is the latest technology and is a stand-alone unit that does not interface with Windows®. Unlike other software delivery methods that are cable-based PC connections, there is ZERO likelihood of software files being corrupted through Windows®, which can destroy your expensive Porsche® ECU.

POWERFUL – Once we receive your downloaded software, we modify the ignition timing, optimize the air /fuel ratios, increase the rev limiter and modify the boost mapping on turbo vehicles. Since we sample your original file using the method above, each of our programs is custom-written for each of your vehicle’s modifications. That means that we can extract the maximum performance gains over what our competition can offer you. For all Porsche® vehicles from 2000 upwards, we also alter the throttle response which effectively negates the throttle delay found in E-Gas or drive by wire vehicles. The throttle response is improved linearly so that you don’t experience sharp increases commonly found with other software tuners who tend to exacerbate the throttle response. For us, the “Devil is in the details”, so we concentrate on laying the power down more smoothly, while providing consistent acceleration.

RELIABLE – All of the OEM engine software safety features are left fully intact and are not disabled. So you will benefit from the added performance without sacrificing the reliability that the Porsche® brand is renowned for. Since we sample your original software file, all of the Porsche® dealer software updates are also included, whereas our competitors who flash without sampling the OEM file are typically using a map based on the first year of the vehicle without all of the critical Porsche® updates. In addition, our software engineers have been trained by Bosch and Siemens in Germany, so you receive their factory expertise in writing software code for Porsche®. They have been writing software for Porsche® since 1983, before many of our competitors were born; very few can make that same claim. Most importantly, our software engineers are committed to software tuning for PORSCHE® ONLY, so our sole purpose is to write the most polished Porsche® software available in the industry.

REVERSIBLE
– FVD Software is completely reversible for dealer service / diagnostics. We supply you with your TRUE Original OEM Porsche® file as well as the FVD Brombacher Tuned File.

ADAPTABLE – Our software is adaptive and as such we give you hundreds of software timing maps. That’s right, hundreds of software maps! No need to contact us for other “Custom” time consuming “OTS” off the shelf calibrations, flash once with FVD Software and be done. Each of our maps are tied into the vehicle’s sensor information so with differing variations in climate, throttle, altitude, exhaust gas temperature and octane our software automatically adjusts to give you superior performance and a factory-smooth feel. We also adjust the software to accommodate 91-100 North American ((RON+MON)/2) and Rest of World 95-104 (RON) octane automatically (adjusts timing and knock sensors accordingly). This is done automatically without the need of external hardware or toggling through the cruise control functions, just fill and go! If you want to change the intake or add a throttle body in the future, for example, our software will also adapt for larger Porsche® throttle bodies and IPD plenums with greater air mass automatically, simply install and feel the gains without the hassle of sending the ECU back or having to install another file.

ECONOMICAL – Since our software is adaptive, we can offer un-paralleled savings over our competition and there is no additional hardware needed. Our listed software price allows you to add 200 cell catalytic converters, mufflers, headers, high flow intake, larger throttle body and intercoolers without having to pay for an updated or “Custom” software file. In fact, the only time you would need an updated file is if you remove the catalytic converters for racing, upgrade the turbochargers or change the internal engine components. In contrast, many of our competitors charge you for each individual hardware upgrade, some may call their tuning “Custom” and charge you for performance in stages and even charge you for software programming assistance. On that note, we offer you free technical assistance to upgrade your software. We don’t charge you an hourly charge like many others, simply call our technical assistance line and speak directly to our programmers in Germany (they speak perfect English). They are available Monday – Friday from 3 am E.S.T. until 1 pm E.S.T. Should you need any assistance after that time just call our Florida location and we would be glad to assist you, also free of charge. Since our headquarters are in Germany, where fuel is paid for by the liter, we go through extra lengths to provide you with greater fuel economy as well.

GUARANTEED – 30-day money back guarantee! If you are not satisfied with the power, simply flash the car back to stock and send it back. No questions asked. Want to compare our tune with your current tuners software? No worries, your covered.

OPTIONS –Give us a call to discuss your special requests. This software can work with IPD plenum ’s and larger throttle bodies, with Sport Cats, etc. We can also program for OEM max red line. Just let us know what specific options you are looking for.

* Sale is being offered by FVD Brombacher, INC. (USA) to customers in North and South America.​

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've installed the tune on my 2.7 MT, The installation process was smooth. I used a Ctek 4.3 as a battery stabilizer.
I'm going to use it a few days before I give feedback on performance. I have a plan to go Dyno as soon as time / schedule permits.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've installed the tune on my 2.7 MT, The installation process was smooth. I used a Ctek 4.3 as a battery stabilizer.
I'm going to use it a few days before I give feedback on performance. I have a plan to go Dyno as soon as time / schedule permits.
Dude, that would be great. I would love to hear your feedback as I have the exact same 981 2.7 Manual and these power gain claim look significant.

Please post your impressions, even before the Dyno. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rhonda,
I currently own a 2014 Porsche Cayman (2.7L) w/ 6MT, and just saw your post that the software update for the newer 981C is now on sale through June 10, 2016. As for mods, installed is a Cargraphic exhaust system which sounds great and allows the engine to breath more freely. Of note, I saw the performance gains you outlined for the Cayman S (3.4L) "with the FVD Muffler + FVD software which are looking at + 45 Hp and + 35 Torque." Can you reveal what the dyno sheets are showing for the Cayman (2.7L) with the FVD Muffler (or similar) + FVD software? And what would be the gains with the IPD + Plenum + FVD Software + FVD Muffler (or similar)? Either way, I am very interested in learning what I can expect from this upgrade and thank you for being so responsive to the 981 forum!

·
Vendor
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GTS only 12 ponnies? How to get more juice out of it?
Very sorry but the GTS is already well programmed from the factory. White981S is right, with the addition of more aftermarket hardware you will see more power. How much? At this moment I am unsure until our engineers complete their testing and add dyno sheets with the additional hardware.

That's interesting... the cayman and boxster get identical power (as I'd expect).
EDIT: Is the dead-stop PDK acceleration hesitation resolved with the tune?
Great question, I have posed this to our engineers and will respond as soon as I have word.

Rhonda,
I currently own a 2014 Porsche Cayman (2.7L) w/ 6MT, and just saw your post that the software update for the newer 981C is now on sale through June 10, 2016. As for mods, installed is a Cargraphic exhaust system which sounds great and allows the engine to breath more freely. Of note, I saw the performance gains you outlined for the Cayman S (3.4L) "with the FVD Muffler + FVD software which are looking at + 45 Hp and + 35 Torque." Can you reveal what the dyno sheets are showing for the Cayman (2.7L) with the FVD Muffler (or similar) + FVD software? And what would be the gains with the IPD + Plenum + FVD Software + FVD Muffler (or similar)? Either way, I am very interested in learning what I can expect from this upgrade and thank you for being so responsive to the 981 forum!
Unfortunately, the engineers have not given me any insight to the performance of the 2.7L that can be expected with headers, cats and a muffler. I hope to have that soon. As soon as I do I will post our findings.
Thanks for the kind words, only wish that I had more info for you :eek:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Subscribed.

·
Vendor
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great Question. I have clarified that with our engineers.

The 981 Boxster GTS would be a gain of +22

whereas the Cayman GTS would be a gain of +12.

Thanks,
Rhonda

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hi Rhonda - I have a couple of questions about the computer required. Can you use an Apple Mac for the file transfer? If not, I have an old netbook and a really old laptop, both running Windows XP. Do you need a recent version of Windows?

·
Registered
305 Posts
What about the feedback :) ?

Yes of course, I had posted in other threads, and forgot to update here.:cheers:

http://www.planet-9.com/981-cayman-...ling-my-hair-out-post1287737.html#post1287737

http://www.planet-9.com/981-cayman-and-boxster-modifications/116635-looking-definitive-answer-performance-mods-2-7-a-post1286057.html#post1286057

I am very happy with the FVD tune. I've gone back and forth to test differences and it is really noticeable after 4-5k.
Can't use the car with stock tune now ;)
I've even gone to my annual service a few days ago and there were no issues going back to stock from the dealer. Very pleased about that.

Highly recommended.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey Barcuri,

Any impressions yet? Hope you're enjoying it and it delivers as promised. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hey Barcuri,

Any impressions yet? Hope you're enjoying it and it delivers as promised. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi #thenewguy.

Yes, very satisfied on how the car feels. The Tune has made a noticeable difference; and even though the big power is up top, there truly is some more grunt throughout the rev range. (i don't want to seem like I'm exaggerating or anything; nothing huge on the low end, its just better)
But those last 2k rpm from 6-8, oh man; when in sport mode, give it WOT the car screams and pulls. I'm assuming because the throttle body stays open more?
I haven't had a chance to dyno yet, but it's still is in the works. You know, life gets in the way....;)

Below are some other places where I've posted.

http://www.planet-9.com/981-cayman-a...ml#post1287737

http://www.planet-9.com/981-cayman-and-boxster-modifications/116635-looking-definitive-answer-performance-mods-2-7-a-post1286057.html#post1286057

http://www.planet-9.com/981-cayman-...ling-my-hair-out-post1294577.html#post1294577

·
Registered
305 Posts
No response to 2.7 PDK hesitatation so guess it's still there.
Have you spoken to Rhonda directly about this? I can vouch this doesn't occur on my MT car with tune.
Hope they can help.

·
Vendor
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Rhonda - I have a couple of questions about the computer required….
You can use a Mac if you can run windows in parallel but if you have the old netbook with XP that would work.

Hi Rhonda, I am interested in the tune, can u provide a price for the tune + BMC Air filters? Thanks...
PM sent.

Yes of course, I had posted in other threads, and forgot to update here.:cheers:….
Very glad to hear.

EDIT: Is the dead-stop PDK acceleration hesitation resolved with the tune?
Would you mind elaborating a little more so that I can pass that on to the engineers for you. Sorry, I have not driven a 981 2.7 L with the PDK so I cannot relate to that issue. What rpm does the hesitation start to taper? Although we don’t touch the PDK software, adding more power can change how the gearbox responds. So if you can elaborate a bit more I can pass that on to the engineers.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts