Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Vendor
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FVD Brombacher –Software Special- $ 746 for 987.2 /987.1 & 986 Boxsters and Caymans

http://www.planet-9.com/gallery/files/3/fvdecunews.jpg We are pleased to announce that we will be offering all 986 / 987.1 and 987.2 Boxster and Cayman Software at a greatly reduced price of $ 746 to celebrate Halloween. That is a savings of $ 249.00 off of our retail price of $ 995.00.

We will be running this special for North and South American Planet 9 customers until November 4th, 2013. Just give me a call or send me an email if you would like to place the order. All that I need is your user name from Planet 9 along with your contact details. We accept Pay Pal, Amex, Visa and Mastercard.

Here are all the performance figures along with individual details per car:

987.2 Cayman S & Boxster S Software Link

987.2 Cayman & Boxster Software Link

987.2 Cayman R Software Link

987.1 Cayman S Software Link

987.1 Cayman Software Link

987.1 Boxster S 3.4L Software Link

987.1 Boxster S 3.2L Software Link

987.1 Boxster Software Link

986 Boxster S Software Link

986 Boxster Software Link

986 Boxster 2.5L Software Link

Here is more about our latest software delivery tool along with our software:

Video of how our software works:

FVD Brombacher Software = Power with Peace of Mind.

Since 1983, FVD-Brombacher has been setting the standard for Porsche® engine building and tuning in Germany. Our broad mechanical knowledge of the flat 6 Porsche® engine naturally led to our development of Engine Management software. Over the years we have perfected the art of software tuning, making substantial gains in horsepower and torque, while retaining drivability and most importantly reliability. Unlike many others in the industry, our only focus is software for Porsche®. This allows us to bring you the most polished, factory-smooth and powerful aftermarket software product for Porsche® period.

CONVENIENT – FVD Software Programming can be done in the comfort and privacy of your own home or by one of our recommended dealers, there is no need to risk damage to the ECU by removing it and shipping it. Programming with this tool is a simple, guided experience that requires little user input and about an hour or two at the most. It is a simple process by which you read out your vehicles original software file with our handheld software tool. You then connect the tool to a computer and email the downloaded software to us; we alter the original file and send both the back via email. Our software delivery tool is the latest technology and is a stand-alone unit that does not interface with Windows®. Unlike other software delivery methods that are cable-based PC connections, there is ZERO likelihood of software files being corrupted through Windows®, which can destroy your expensive Porsche® ECU. To see just how easy the process is click here…. FVD Software Loading Tutorial

POWERFUL – Once we receive your downloaded software, we modify the ignition timing, optimize the air /fuel ratios, increase the rev limiter and modify the boost mapping on turbo vehicles. Since we sample your original file using the method above, each of our programs is custom-written for each of your vehicle’s modifications. That means that we can extract the maximum performance gains over what our competition can offer you. For all Porsche® vehicles from 2000 upwards, we also alter the throttle response which effectively negates the throttle delay found in E-Gas or drive by wire vehicles. The throttle response is improved linearly so that you don’t experience sharp increases commonly found with other software tuners who tend to exacerbate the throttle response. For us, the “Devil is in the details”, so we concentrate on laying the power down more smoothly, while providing consistent acceleration without wheel spin. Ultimately, FVD tuned cars are quicker than their overrated counterparts with the added benefit of lower tire expenses.

RELIABLE – All of the OEM engine software safety features are left fully intact and are not disabled. So you will benefit from the added performance without sacrificing the reliability that the Porsche® brand is renowned for. Since we sample your original software file, all of the Porsche® dealer software updates are also included, whereas our competitors who flash without sampling the OEM file are typically using a map based on the first year of the vehicle without all of the critical Porsche® updates. In addition, our software engineers have been trained by Bosch and Siemens in Germany, so you receive their factory expertise in writing software code for Porsche®. They have been writing software for Porsche® since 1983, before many of our competitors were born; very few can make that same claim. Most importantly, our software engineers are committed to software tuning for PORSCHE® ONLY, so our sole purpose is to write the most polished Porsche® software available in the industry.

REVERSIBLE – FVD Software is completely reversible and undetectable for dealer service / diagnostics / extended warranty. We supply you with your TRUE Original OEM Porsche® file as well as the FVD Brombacher Tuned File. Our tuned or original file will not show a change in the flash counter which keeps track of the number of times the firmware has been changed.

ADAPTABLE – Our software is adaptive and as such we give you hundreds of software timing maps. That’s right, hundreds of software maps! Each of our maps are tied into the vehicle’s sensor information so with differing variations in climate, throttle, exhaust gas temperature and octane our software automatically adjusts to give you superior performance and a factory-smooth feel. We also adjust the software to accommodate 91-100 North American ((RON+MON)/2) and Rest of World 95-104 (RON) octane automatically (adjusts timing and knock sensors accordingly). This is done automatically without the need of external hardware or toggling through the cruise control functions, just fill and go! If you want to change the intake or add a throttle body in the future, for example, our software will also adapt for larger Porsche® throttle bodies and IPD plenums with greater air mass automatically*, simply install and feel the gains without the hassle of sending the ECU back or having to install another file.

ECONOMICAL – Since our software is adaptive, we can offer un-paralleled savings over our competition and there is no additional hardware needed. Our listed software price allows you to add 200 cell catalytic converters, mufflers, headers, high flow intake, larger throttle body and intercoolers without having to pay for an updated software file. In fact, the only time you would need an updated file is if you remove the catalytic converters for racing, upgrade the turbochargers or change the internal engine components. In contrast, many of our competitors charge you for each individual hardware upgrade, charge you for performance in stages and even charge you for software programming assistance. On that note, we offer you free technical assistance to upgrade your software. We don’t charge you an hourly charge like many others, simply call our technical assistance line and speak directly to our programmers in Germany (they speak perfect English). They are available Monday – Friday from 3 am E.S.T. until 1 pm E.S.T. Should you need any assistance after that time just call our Florida location and we would be glad to assist you, also free of charge. Since our headquarters are in Germany, where fuel is paid for by the liter, we go through extra lengths to provide you with greater fuel economy as well. More specifically we can save you ~ 5% to ~ 10% (gas / diesel) each time you fill your tank in every day driving conditions.

GUARANTEED – 30-day money back guarantee! Not satisfied with the power, simply flash the car back to stock and send it back. No questions asked.

OPTIONS – Customers can specify left foot braking for track events so that the throttle does not cut out while braking. We can program for 100+ specialized fuel maps, motorsports oil separators, etc. Give us a call to discuss your special requests.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Re: FVD Brombacher –Software Special- $ 746 for 987.2 /987.1 & 986 Boxsters and Cayma

You don't have a dyno sheet for the Cayman R? The 987.2 Cayman S gets up to 333 hp with this, does the R go any higher than that?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Re: FVD Brombacher –Software Special- $ 746 for 987.2 /987.1 & 986 Boxsters and Cayma

The R is listed as 343bhp ,but why would the R tune be able to get more than a S tune, same engine and ECU ?

if it's 343bhp why can we not have that tune on a Boxster ?

And why is the discount limited to 2 area's ?

·
Registered
98 Posts

Where did you see 343hp for the R? The link indicates 243Kw. That converts to 330 hp, the stock amount.

·
Registered
413 Posts

Where did you see 343hp for the R? The link indicates 243Kw. That converts to 330 hp, the stock amount.
er on their web site ;-)

FVD Software Power Gains:
Max. Power – 252 kW (343 HP) @ 7200 rpm
Max. Torque – 385 Nm (284 lb.-ft.) @ 4750 rpm
Max. Speed – 284 km/h (177 mph)
Max. RPM – 7600 rpm
Acceleration 0-100 km/h (0-62.5 mph) – 4.9s

Stock (Based on 6 speed):
Engine - 6 Cylinder Boxer
Capacity - 3436ccm
Compression ratio – 12.5:1
Max. Power – 243 kW (330 HP) @ 7200 rpm
Max. Torque – 370 Nm (272 lb.-ft.) @ 4750 rpm
Max. Speed – 280 km/h (174 mph)
Max. RPM – 7500 rpm
Acceleration 0-100 km/h (0-62.5 mph)* - 5.0s

·
Registered
85 Posts

Wow, looks like an AMAZING deal. Does anyone have this tune? I've been looking for one but I'm always concerned with reliability. I already have their FVD Brombacher exhaust on my 987.2 Cayman.

·
Registered
93 Posts

I have it and am very pleased. No problems whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts

Yes, looks very tempting. Can anyone provide more details than "I have it and am very pleased?" Does it smooth out the HP curve, what does it do to the torque curve? How is the throttle mapping altered? Is it like Sports Plus, or Sprintbooster?

·
Registered
79 Posts

Nice! Can you tune for Plenum and TB? Where are you located in FL?

·
Vendor
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

You don't have a dyno sheet for the Cayman R? The 987.2 Cayman S gets up to 333 hp with this, does the R go any higher than that?
The R gets 343 hp and 284 lb.-ft of torque. I should have the dyno sheet for you from FVD Germany in the morning tomorrow.
The R is listed as 343bhp ,but why would the R tune be able to get more than a S tune, same engine and ECU ?
if it's 343bhp why can we not have that tune on a Boxster ?
And why is the discount limited to 2 area's ?
I will check with FVD Germany for you and give you an answer in the morning. By 2 areas do you mean North and South America? This is being offered by FVD Brombacher, Inc., we serve North and South America. We have distributors around the world that handle different regions.
Yes, looks very tempting. Can anyone provide more details than "I have it and am very pleased?" Does it smooth out the HP curve, what does it do to the torque curve? How is the throttle mapping altered? Is it like Sports Plus, or Sprintbooster?
You can search on Planet 9 for comments on our software and the link below may be helpful as well.
http://www.planet-9.com/987-cayman-boxster-modifications/37183-fvd-brombacher-introduction-introductory-planet-porsche-offer.html
Not to mention we give you a 30 money back guarantee so you can see for yourself how good the software is.
Nice! Can you tune for Plenum and TB? Where are you located in FL?
Thanks. Yes, we can tune for the Plenum and Throttle body. We are located in Deerfield Beach.

·
Registered
98 Posts

Yep, I see the info there now for the CR!

·
Registered
98 Posts

Folks, re Cayman R .vs. Cayman S... There basic motor h/w is the same but the R exhaust is different. The R doesn't have secondary Cats and the diameter of the exhaust is increased from 48mm (CS) to 55mm (CR). There is reportedly minor DME s/w changes, so it seems the exhaust is largely responsible for the HP difference.

·
Registered
169 Posts

Folks, re Cayman R .vs. Cayman S... There basic motor h/w is the same but the R exhaust is different. The R doesn't have secondary Cats
incorrect
and the diameter of the exhaust is increased from 48mm (CS) to 55mm (CR).
incorrect, 45 to 50 mm
There is reportedly minor DME s/w changes, so it seems the exhaust is largely responsible for the HP difference.
As an owner of a '10 S and '12 R with significant dyno time, the power differences are negligible
I'd prefer to not clutter up Rhonda's FVD special thread, if you'd like to discuss this in another thread
along with how I've first hand inspected these items, feel free.

Thanks Rhonda and hope you're doing well.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts

Does this tune enable the "Sports Mode" software to those cars without sports chrono.

·
Registered
169 Posts

Not to speak for Rhonda, but since I've spoken to her about it and done the retro sports mode, I'll give you my info.
You will get an improved mapping of the throttle with aftermarket software, but the "sports mode" function
is a Porsche only item which also changes the PSM and ABS limits for intervention.
None of the software vendors will activate the actual Porsche sports mode if you don't have sports chrono.
If that's what you want and with a special, Suncoast sometimes has specials on it, or you can wait for the Porsche parts specials at your dealer.

·
Registered
43 Posts

Is this special price only available for Porsches at N/S America only? What if ppl from other area willing to pay an extra shipping fee for this?

·
Registered
276 Posts

Tempting, very tempting.

A question regarding octane... I have E85 available near me, and have used it in the past on both stock and modified vehicles to boost octane since the highest rating around here is 91. Do you foresee any issues running a moderate blend, say 20%E85:80%gas, with this tuner software installed?

·
Vendor
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I spoke to our programmers and they will post it by Monday on our site for you. I will post the link for you when they are done.
Is there an extra charge for this?
Not at all. Programming for the plenum and larger throttle body is included in the price.
Does this tune enable the "Sports Mode" software to those cars without sports chrono.
Capercat the information posted below your original post by cpsu is correct. Only Porsche can give you the Sports Mode if you would like the changes to PSM and ABS.
Is this special price only available for Porsches at N/S America only? What if ppl from other area willing to pay an extra shipping fee for this?
Shepherd, Please understand that we have authorized distributors throughout the world. FVD Brombacher, Inc. (USA) is putting this sale together so we must respect our dealers. Sorry.
A question regarding octane...
Whoosh, I want to err on the side of safety and check with our programmers in Germany for you. I should have an answer in the morning tomorrow.

·
Registered
98 Posts

I'd prefer to not clutter up Rhonda's FVD special thread, if you'd like to discuss this in another thread
along with how I've first hand inspected these items, feel free.
Sure, set up another thread and we can discuss. Or let me know I'll start one. I'm all ears for learning/ gaining knowledge from those with first hand knowledge of the zeppelins on the R.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts