Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

FVD Oil Pan Install

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Fender9530 
#1 ·
Morning all!

We installed a FVD oil pan this week on a 987 that is going to see some track time. We've been hearing good things about this setup and thought some of you might be interested in seeing the install.

#2 ·
Thank you for this video! I will be tackling this project soon.
one question for you, is there any modification or change needed for the electronic dipstick?
do you still want to add oil until the EDS shows full or do you fill to a different level?
Regards,
Shane

#3 ·
No windage plate to trap the oil from going up the sidewalls of your sump. Some of this oil gets sucked into the AOS, which causes failure and oil in the intake system. LN system has a X-51 baffle, deep 2 qt extender, windage plate and 997 straight oil returns. They also make a sump skid plate that I have needed a few times over speed bumps.
LN recommends to use only 1/2 fill on the oil gauge. They say that there is plenty of oil in the sump, no need to run at max sump levels. Again trying to prevent AOS oil ingestion.

#4 ·
No windage plate to trap the oil from going up the sidewalls of your sump. Some of this oil gets sucked into the AOS, which causes failure and oil in the intake system. LN system has a X-51 baffle, deep 2 qt extender, windage plate and 997 straight oil returns. They also make a sump skid plate that I have needed a few times over speed bumps.
LN recommends to use only 1/2 fill on the oil gauge. They say that there is plenty of oil in the sump, no need to run at max sump levels. Again trying to prevent AOS oil ingestion.
Is the LN pan just as simple to install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 · (Edited)
It's a little more of an install as the windage plate goes on the blocks first, then the 2 quart expander, followed by the sump oem pan that has the x-51 baffle. Probably a 1/2 hour install or less.

#6 ·
It's a little more of an install as the windage plate goes on the blocks first, then the 2 quart expander, followed by the sump oem pan that has the x-51 baffle. Probably a 1/2 hour install or less.
View attachment 269307
Thank you. I’ve been appreciating your helpful posts lately. Taking your tire size recommendations too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.