Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to let everyone know that if you are placing an order on a 2011 to contact your dealer. There are a number of option sets that are lumped together. Also, Floor Mats are now standard!

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New metallic colors:

Platinum Silver Metallic(no more arctic)
Ice Blue

Special colors:
Ruby Red
Amethyst Metallic

Deleted Colors:
Arctic
Nordic(thank goodness)
Malachite(unfortunate)

Standard on all sportscars
bluetooth
floormats
ipod adaptor(charged more if you get PCM)

Uprated front Rad for PDK cooling

They have option packs now:
Convenience(bixenon/wind blocker/auto dim/ACC/Crest in Rests)
Infotainment(PCM/SPP/Bose(s)/XM)
Design(Box Spyder wheels/lots of stuff painted plack)
Design Sport Pack(aero kit)

Looks like they finally answered what everyone wanted in terms of standard stuff... no idea on pricing yet though. This is a good move for porsche.

Casey

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
God bless them for making Bluetooth/floormats/iPod connection standard. Those things should be standard. I don't mind if they bumped the base prices to compensate (I know, economically irrational), but it's irksome to have to check the box and write the check for 'em.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks like Sport wheel with shift paddles is available for 2011, saw it in a post.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Very unfortunate about Malechite. That and Ruby are my favorite cayman colors.

Porsche will lessen the "everything is a la catre" complaints and now they'll have "i dont want x or y in this bundle". I like it. I'm sure you can still do a la carte, but the majority will probably do packages.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Packages are the way to go... way too many goofy optioned Porsches still sitting on dealer lots. Example, Sport Chrono should be STANDARD on any "S" designated 997/987 with PDK... pure logic. Auto-dim mirrors SHOULD ALSO BE STANDARD on all cars!

Passed on too many PDK cars for not having the Sport Chrono, no wonder they were sitting.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Casey,

when you say ipod adapter is standard, do you mean the universal audio interface or is it the 3 part connection (usb port, aux port & ipod port)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
This may be a stupid question but why do you need a uprated front radiator for pfk cooling? Does the pdk get hot or something?.

dave-t

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the aux port is standard. there is an upcharge of 395 if you add the PCM system...

I am not 100% on these things as i just got the update today. If you have ordered a car please contact your salesperson.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Casey,

I noticed these changes on the German configurator yesterday. The ice blue was first shown on the new 911 Turbo S. They also changed the regular PDK steering wheel (the spokes are black rather than volcano grey) and there are more wheel choices available.

Tamas

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
That would explain this:

BASE Boxster Spyder 61,200.00
B4 Carrara White .00
V9 Black Top .00
11 Black Stan Leather w/Alcantara .00
HNL Fabric Door Opening Loop .00
ROOF Manual Two Panel Roof .00
490 Sound Package Plus .00
573 Automatic Climate Control 1,760.00
P12 Self-Dim Mirrors & Rain Sensor 690.00
P74 Bi-Xenon Headlights 1,560.00
XLF Sport Exhaust System 2,500.00
XXZ Foot Rest Aluminum 250.00
619 Bluetooth Interface for Mobile .00
810 Floor Mats in Interior Color .00
870 Universal Audio Interface .00
585 Cup Holder .00
639 Sport Chrono Pkg W/Out PCM 960.00
695 CD-Radio Audio System CDR-30 .00

The above spec isn't my car, but one that was available... I found it odd that the UAI, BT and Mats were free.

Curious if I'll now get the mats on my spyder... I didn't spec them on my original order.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I have just placed an order for a MY2011 and was made aware that the bluetooth, ipod adaptor, and floor mats options were now standard. However, I was unaware of the new option packs. I will inquire will my dealer as some of the options that I have specified would be included in the Convenience package.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
This may be a stupid question but why do you need a uprated front radiator for PDK cooling? Does the PDK get hot or something?.

dave-t
yes, it requires more cooling. Originally all BS came with the center radiator then they changed to just the automatics.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts