Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

301 - 320 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Winter is HERE!

It's arrived :)
Finally. I had to rejig my TV package and pay $20/month to get HBO, but it's done. Have been furiously watching seasons 1-7 again to prepare. I still have eleven episodes to go, and I won't make it by Sunday, but I am back in the groove. Poderick for the throne!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Finally. I had to rejig my TV package and pay $20/month to get HBO, but it's done.
Does anybody know how HBO releases this? Is it going to be one episode aired each week?

If yes, it will be very hard to live under a rock next 2 1/2 months. Sorry, just can't do one episode a week anymore.

·
Super Moderator
13,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
Does anybody know how HBO releases this? Is it going to be one episode aired each week?

If yes, it will be very hard to live under a rock next 2 1/2 months. Sorry, just can't do one episode a week anymore.
It should be every Sunday night. But you could just wait two months, then get HBO and watch them all at once, but only if you live under a rock and not pay attention to the spoilers.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Started (again) at Episode 1, Season 1 after Xmas. Two episodes left (will watch tonight) in Season 7.
I don't have and won't consider cable (cut that cord about 7 or 8 years ago), so I'll have to figure out some other way to get HBO...or wait until season 8 is also available on Apple TV. (Unfortunately HBOGo for Apple TV isn't available in Canada.)

If I see ANYTHING that looks like a spolier I'm immediately shutting my eyes lol.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Started (again) at Episode 1, Season 1 after Xmas. Two episodes left (will watch tonight) in Season 7.
I don't have and won't consider cable (cut that cord about 7 or 8 years ago), so I'll have to figure out some other way to get HBO...or wait until season 8 is also available on Apple TV. (Unfortunately HBOGo for Apple TV isn't available in Canada.)

If I see ANYTHING that looks like a spolier I'm immediately shutting my eyes lol.
You may have to shut yourself away. This season will likely be all over the news every Monday. You need a friend with cable. It’s a bit of a drive, but you are welcome to drop by on Sundays. Or Monday’s, I have a PVR.

Hang on, you don't need cable - still $20/month.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/04/12/how-to-watch-game-of-thrones-season-8-canada/

Reactions: gcurnew

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Amazon Prime

7 days free. Then $30 for two months. Then cancel. Easy.
If you live in the US, which he doesn't. They have apparently been pretty good at sniffing out VPN's as well. Doesn't matter, I found a streaming option.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
Kind of disappointed in the first episode. Its been too long a wait. Losing interest in the characters and they aged far too much, especially the children, now young adults.

It just seem rushed to cram a lot of things we knew had to happen in 50 minutes yet each thing they revealed would have been huge in the other seasons.

BTW, if you want to talk about spoilers, use the spoiler 2 tags. that is:

just take out the spaces ...

[ s p o i l e r 2=whatever] put something here [ /s p o i l e r 2]

[spoiler2="GOT"] some spoiler here [/spoiler2]

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Kind of disappointed in the first episode. Its been too long a wait. Losing interest in the characters and they aged far too much, especially the children, now young adults.

It just seem rushed to cram a lot of things we knew had to happen in 50 minutes yet each thing they revealed would have been huge in the other seasons.

BTW, if you want to talk about spoilers, use the spoiler 2 tags. that is:

just take out the spaces ...

[ s p o i l e r 2=whatever] put something here [ /s p o i l e r 2]

[spoiler2="GOT"] some spoiler here [/spoiler2]
Underwhelmed here as well. The entire episode was devoted to setting up the rest of the season. Pleased that I was able to watch it for free on Crave...thanks OttawaSteve :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
13,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
Pretty much disappointed. Tried to read or listen to a review and found them boring. Its been WAY to long between season and basically don't care anymore. To make it worse the first episode was just catchup time, reunions, etc. If they wait too long, you're no longer vested in the outcomes because you forget what happened.

Look! Who is that guy? Dunno. Don't care.

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Pretty much disappointed. Tried to read or listen to a review and found them boring. Its been WAY to long between season and basically don't care anymore. To make it worse the first episode was just catchup time, reunions, etc. If they wait too long, you're no longer vested in the outcomes because you forget what happened.

Look! Who is that guy? Dunno. Don't care.
Well maybe you didn't know this but it is probably because [spoiler2=GOT]George Lucas helped to direct the episode![/spoiler2]

·
Super Moderator
13,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #315
IMO, Another wasted week. Two hours of waste. They could have condensed all that into a half hour. The best part was:

[spoiler2="GOT"] All the old warriors sitting around the fireplace, drinking, and talking about the good old days (their war stories). Oh, and Ghost showed up [/spoiler2]

·
Super Moderator
13,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #316
I still think the first two hours could have been condensed into 30 minutes but kudos for this show. One great thing they do is foreshadowing

[spoiler2="GOT"]
[/spoiler2]

Question

[spoiler2="GOT"] Why was Ghost with Jorah riding into battle? Its not like those two hanged out[/spoiler2]

Comment

[spoiler2="GOT"] Who knew Dani could use a sword? [/spoiler2]

And for the end

[spoiler2="GOT"] Anyone whining about the end like how did that happen, don't be like Dr Tyson. No one cares that stars aren't right in a movie.

No One rocks[/spoiler2]

Watch the making of episode by HBO. Good stuff.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
The lighting on last night's show was horrendous. Made it difficult to watch. Could be poor encoding on the provider end, but that much cloud/snow/black was a poor creative choice. Mucho disappointed.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
The lighting on last night's show was horrendous. Made it difficult to watch. Could be poor encoding on the provider end, but that much cloud/snow/black was a poor creative choice. Mucho disappointed.
Agreed. We had all of the lights out which helped, but it certainly was dim. Some of the action, like the dragon battle, had me wondering about sharks jumping. However, that certain scene near the end was one of the best things that I have seen on TV.

·
Super Moderator
13,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #319
Watch the Making Of video, They explain it all, the lighting, the moon, the firelight, all of it.

And a play in three acts. Suspense like Jaws, can’t see the monster. The horror movie, monster stalking. Then action movie. Even the music mattered.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Watch the Making Of video, They explain it all, the lighting, the moon, the firelight, all of it.

And a play in three acts. Suspense like Jaws, can’t see the monster. The horror movie, monster stalking. Then action movie. Even the music mattered.
All good...if it's done well. This wasn't, IMHO.

301 - 320 of 350 Posts