Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

341 - 350 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I am now at the point where I am enjoying it for the spectacle as opposed to the "plot" and characters. It would be absolutely fitting if everyone died next week.

Reactions: blackmanx

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Disgraceful and pathetic ending. Worse than LOST, and I didn’t think that possible. TV writing is lost.
True, but now there's the opportunity for four spin-offs and Sam making cameo appearances for comedic relief.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Disgraceful and pathetic ending. Worse than LOST, and I didn’t think that possible. TV writing is lost.
Even with virtually unlimited budgets, this is the best these people could come up with? Not only is TV writing lost, this abysmal series windup signals the death of the "shared" viewing experience. With Netflix, Amazon, Apple and others throwing billions annually at original content creation, no single platform or series can hope to attract the audience share - or the water cooler and social media chatter levels - like GoT did at its zenith. The OTT world (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Over-the-top_media_services) has exploded, and every new series is competing in a world awash with big-budget schlock.

Reactions: blackmanx

·
Super Moderator
13,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #345
Oh goodie.

Kit Harrington tells ‘Game of Thrones’ haters that they ‘can go **** themselves’

"... whatever critic spends half an hour writing about this season and makes their judgment on it, in my head they can go **** themselves. ‘Cause I know how much work was put into this…":

I don't blame the actors/actresses. I blame the writers. What a waste of time. They ruined Lost and they ruined this show. Lesson learned.

NEVER invest yourself into anything. Chances are TODAY, maybe not in the past, the ending will be terrible. And yes, we the people do have a say. We, the people, pay the money that goes to HBO that goes into paying THEIR salaries. No fans, not jobs for them.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I don't know guys ... Granted, I wasn't the one tatooing houses symbols on me, participating 18 hours every Monday on fan forums ... heck, I saw it for the first time in Jan/Feb 2018 and waited all the way until Christmas week 2018 to see seasons 2-7 but only because I couldn't think of anything better to do for a week when I didn't want to leave the house voluntarily. I left with loud Meh! after watching seasons 2-7.

I still didn't get what all the noise is/was about. Good entertainment, granted, but if you thought opening sequence clockwork landscape was telling you secrets about the future events ... I know a nice lady who will listen to you for $200/hour. You can't have pencils, though, no sharp objects in there - only crayons.

So, that said, to me season 8 was par for the course. I strongly suspected that, if dragon lady does die, it will be brother/lover killing her (too juicy to pass on that one), but I thought The Last Stand will be King's Landing. All in all, good entertainment and nothing more - just like seasons 1-7.

If you want trascendental, go rewatch Pulp Fiction abother 3-4 times. IMO, of course.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
This explains a LOT

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danidiplacido/2019/10/28/game-of-thrones-showrunners-david-benioff-and-db-weiss-confirmed-the-worst-suspicions-of-the-fanbase/#5019bf96f37c Quote:

"The two went on to admit that they had absolutely no idea how to work with costume designers"

The Faceless Men, the Lord of Light, the Night King; all magical elements of the story that were never resolved, despite clearly being vital to the story. Hence, “the Prince that was promised” never showed up

They were exposed only when they ran out of material, and had to finish the story themselves.

the two never went online to read criticisms of the show from fans, who clearly understood the books better than they did. ... Benioff searched online, once, but the results “upset him,” so he never did it again.

the Game of Thrones writer’s room was a “safe space,” shielded from criticism"

Safe place. :rolleyes:

"David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, the duo who in 2011 launched the singular screen sensation known as Game of Thrones, have walked away from their much-publicized deal with Disney’s Lucasfilm to launch a feature film trilogy in 2022."

·
Registered
733 Posts
I am now at the point where I am enjoying it for the spectacle as opposed to the "plot" and characters. It would be absolutely fitting if everyone died next week.
..and probably a better ending.....That "summit" at the end was painful....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like the Games of Thrones, but I'm stuck and haven't watched the last season yet. This is when you have too much work and problems and too little free time for movies.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
frankarmes the good thing about streaming and on demand is that you can view at your convenience. I still remember those days when we used to have to gather in front of the tv at a specific time to catch our shows and the VCR was the only way to workaround it...:LOL:

341 - 350 of 350 Posts