Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
758 Posts
Awesome thread, glad to see the Catalyst getting more attention! We have several clients running them with great success. If anyone has any questions we are more than happy to advise in a phone call to help you get the most out of your Catalyst and provide forum pricing. :)

-Mike

· Premium Member
2014 Porsche Cayman S: Basalt Black Metallic, Sport Chrono, PDK.
10 Posts
I have a T design mount for sale if anyone is interested. I bought it, drilled the holes and my rennline phone mount interferes and I’m not willing to let that go. PM me.

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
A few folks on the Catalyst Facebook group have mentioned having it mounted lower will effect GPS performance, I've not seen any issues, and having it mounted here I've continued to improve my laptimes, and like it a lot. But it did occur to me if that is an issue it might be possible to use the current top holes and the bottom for the garmin, and then drill some extra ones further up and raise the entire unit up the dash a bit.

· Registered
571 Posts
All of you folks are way ahead of me. I will be using my GC for the first time week after next, and I am struggling to find the best place where I can be sure of a good gps connection without obstructing my view. The best place I have found so far is the lower corner of the windshield on the passenger side. Some have pointed out that I won’t be able to reach it there once I am strapped in, but I am not sure why I would need to reach it once I have everything set up to begin driving. This is a question from a total noob to the device, so please forgive the ignorance it reveals.

· Vendor
6,513 Posts
@paffinity I'm not even sure how that could happen, do you mean the garmin fell of the magnet? The mount itself coming out I can't imagine it's tucked in there by like 1.5" or so of metal, it takes a bit of effort to slide it in, and pull it out, and I've never felt it come anywhere close to loose. When you insert it are you pushing it all the way in? it won't contact the screen behind it but it's close enough that I checked and wrapped the wiring.
Exactly... I can't imagine how it can came out on its own. It takes a lot of effort to slide it in, and it's not going anywere after that. May be if was not inserted completely, the whole 1.5" in? That's my only guess

EDIT: radio delete would explain it of course. It's held by friction, and needs radio there for proper fricition.

· Registered
44 Posts
Easiest place for me to mount it and still get good GPS signal was to use the stock supplied suction cup mount mounted to the audio display. That location with the 3" extension puts in the perfect location and stays stuck without damaging the screen. Worked for me at Road America last weekend.

· Registered
1 Posts
What about this, it's a custom cupholder
adapter

Attachments

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.