Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else been having a problem getting the gas tank to fill completely lately. I've noticed this with my '07 CS (not with the previous '06 CS). In Suncoast's latest email they had this problem solver. I don't know how long it has existed but I've never seen nor heard of it before.

Fuel Nozzle Adapter:Suncoast Porsche Parts & Accessories

It appears to be exactly what I need. Has anyone bought this before?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Incredibly common, I always know when mine shuts off i still need about a 1/4 tank fill. i typically just pump the rest by hand and center the nozzle as opposed to letting it rest on the car... try that.. seems to work for me

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i typically just pump the rest by hand and center the nozzle as opposed to letting it rest on the car... try that.. seems to work for me
I've tried that twice before and the last time it overflowed. The problem doesn't happen at ever pump or station. It only happens in good old Calli.

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
I have only had that happen a couple times and it was station specific. I forget..............does California have those rubber gasket devices intended to seal the nozzle so no dastardly fumes dare escape polluting our ozone layer? As, that was when I had the problem in one state I was driving.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forget..............does California have those rubber gasket devices intended to seal the nozzle so no dastardly fumes dare escape polluting our ozone layer? As, that was when I had the problem in one state I was driving.
Yes we do. In most of the western half, coastal and high population areas.

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Ive been through that for over a year when it never did it before.
The breather tube was kinked.

·
Registered
355 Posts
i brought mine in during CPO and the dealer installed the exact collar that suncoast sells. it definitely works better but it still does it sometimes.

·
Registered
825 Posts
My workaround is to manually hold the nozzle at an angle of about 45 degrees from straight up and down. Works well, and credit goes to this site because I learned it here. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes we do. In most of the western half, coastal and high population areas.
This is from the Healy system on the nozzles (the rubber gasket you mentioned). My family is in the gas station business and it is a frequent problem that customers complain about. It happens with all cars not just porsches. The Healy system is mandated by law in CA, but not in other states. I don't have the problem in other states such as NY where they don't have Healy pumps. My advice... Either lift the suction up a little or turn the nozzle to a 45 or 90 degree angle on it's side... Problem solved.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Someone on the site suggested inserting the nozzle in upside down, so that's what I do. Works fine now!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts