Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Gen 1 and Gen 2 Brake Pad Compability

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Jayman 
#1 ·
I am getting ready for a track event and am putting Pagid pads on my Gen 2 CS for the first time. I want to reuse pads that were only used a few time on my previous Gen 1 CS. I checked around and from what I found the two are compatible with each other. I am installing now and found the front pads are different in that they have two puck like pieces that set inside the pistons. The rest of the pad is identical. The only way to get the gen 2 pad out was to unbolt the caliper from the car and take it off the rotor. So much for quick changes.
The rear pads are ok, the exact same shape.

Since I'm going to be tracking with my CS, I want to make sure the Pagid pads are interchangeable... does anyone know the answer ???

#2 ·
I am getting ready for a track event and am putting Pagid pads on my Gen 2 CS for the first time. I want to reuse pads that were only used a few time on my previous Gen 1 CS. I checked around and from what I found the two are compatible with each other. I am installing now and found the front pads are different in that they have two puck like pieces that set inside the pistons. The rest of the pad is identical. The only way to get the gen 2 pad out was to unbolt the caliper from the car and take it off the rotor. So much for quick changes.
The rear pads are ok, the exact same shape.

Since I'm going to be tracking with my CS, I want to make sure the Pagid pads are interchangeable... does anyone know the answer ???
The two 'puck like pieces' sound like the vibration dampers. Are you referring to the Gen 1 pads? Or the Gen 2?

#4 ·
Yes, these are the anti squal dampers and should have stayed in the piston. It will not hurt if they came out but they do not need to came out for a pad change.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.