Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2009 Carrera White Cayman S was next to a 2006 Carrera White CS at a recent service clinic under floresent lights. The color of the cars was noticably different. 2006 was a mellower white (kind of a yellow base), 2009 had more of a blue look. The owner of the '06 asked if mine was Arctic White. When I got home I checked the window sticker just to make sure it wasn't! Did Porsche change the color?

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
I'm somewhat unclear on what happened. The color is supposed to be "CARRARA White". Were you next to a Carrera (911)?

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
My 2009 Carrera White Cayman S was next to a 2006 Carrera White CS at a recent service clinic under floresent lights. The color of the cars was noticably different. 2006 was a mellower white (kind of a yellow base), 2009 had more of a blue look. The owner of the '06 asked if mine was Arctic White. When I got home I checked the window sticker just to make sure it wasn't! Did Porsche change the color?
The guys are just having fun - slow Tuesday. Carrara White is a standard paint choice for 2006 - 2010. Cream White is an Option which looks more yellow-ish.

I would look at the cars outside in sunlight. Depending on if the flourescent lights were installed at different or same time or similar wattage - they cast varying shades of flourescent. But probably too late by now.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Or.. it's just the paint aging on the older car...

My 06 is carrara white, but i can already see under certain light conditions that the plastic pieces are yellower than the metal body parts... Particularly the roof rack trim... It's subtle, but it's there. I bet your car is bluer because it's newer ! ;)

·
Sexual Philanthropist
1,001 Posts
Also, different batches of paint, applied in different facilities under different conditions years apart. You should see some of the variations in Lotus paint.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts

My 06 is carrara white, but i can already see under certain light conditions that the plastic pieces are yellower than the metal body parts... Particularly the roof rack trim... It's subtle, but it's there. I bet your car is bluer because it's newer ! ;)
Same with me, my 2008 Carrara white shows yellowish at the roof rack inserts only.

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts

This is probably the case. It's likely that the clear coat has yellowed in time from that nasty sun.

·
Registered
418 Posts
As an aside, if it is localised discoloration it may be that these are painted plastic trims. I haven't looked at mine in detail, but I'm pretty sure the insets for the roof rack are painted plastic. These are known to have their problems of course. I had paint 'failure' on my Audi S3 on the painted front bumber, the paint literaly flaked away on touch....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.