Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today was the second time I ever used launch control.

As I recall, porsche states that the RPM is at 6500 before launching.

Mine was at 7000 RPM..

Any other gen 2 owners can confirm this?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Time? Time? Time? I want to know the time :D

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No time was recorded... but....... since this forum doesn't allow me to share my experiences , i will PM your the youtube clip of the launch control vs............

:D

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Huh? no, we want to know!

·
Registered
417 Posts
No time was recorded... but....... since this forum doesn't allow me to share my experiences , i will PM your the youtube clip of the launch control vs............

Very interesting ;) I guess people would like you to share. Public demand my friend.
:thanks:

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts

You are right we don't promote street racing. Is there some reason why you cannot take your car to a drag strip or desserted road with no other traffic to make these tests? I'm told that this video clearly shows other cars around you during this launch run. We'd have no problem if the video were shot at a drag strip or some other organized and safe function or somewhere where you were the only one around, etc. in essence we cannot promote illegal or dangerous behaviour on this site, to do so would open us up to potential legal liability, and I'm sure you understand we don't want that.

·
Porsche Prophet
937 Posts
Very interesting ;) I guess people would like you to share. Public demand my friend.
I totally agree...if it goes against the policies of this website I understand...BUT fine another way of getting us to see it...;)

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Chalk me up as one person who has no interest in seeing this.

There's absolutely no place for racing or speed exhibitions on public roads. Period, none, zero. Personally I'm glad that this site has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of irresponsible behavior.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
I've seen it via PM & wow I now have total respect for PDK LC in fact for PDK in general, Kareem your car is a rocket it must be doing 0-60 at very low 4 second mark.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will not be sharing the links publicly on the forums, anyone who would like to see them please send me a PM.

K-Man S: I totally respect your opinion and rules, we did in fact shoot it on deserted roads and the only car you see on the side was another friend who was parked on the side to shoot a video from his point of view.

Capercat: Thanks for your kind comments. I just wish there was an accurate way of testing my 0-60 and would love to see the low 4s ;)

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Youtube does not seem to have the same concerns.

I watched a documentry yesterday on Discovery Turbo channel that was all about and consisted of loads video of street racing. Foxtel did not seem to be concerned about that.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Get a G timer man, or even an iPhone G timer app. We need to know these times :D

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
Youtube does not seem to have the same concerns.

I watched a documentry yesterday on Discovery Turbo channel that was all about and consisted of loads video of street racing. Foxtel did not seem to be concerned about that.
1. Discovery Communications and Fox both probably would argue what they are broadcasting is "news." And perhaps YouTube would also make that argument, with some free speech stuff included.

B. They all have bigger litigation budgets than Planet 9.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is it fairly quick and easy to perform a LC? Something you could do in the spur of the moment?

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Is it fairly quick and easy to perform a LC? Something you could do in the spur of the moment?
You need 2 things:

- PDK (which means LC is only available on 2009+ cars)
- Sport Chrono

All you do is press the "Sport Plus" button, left foot on brake. Floor the throttle, release brake.

·
On Probation
582 Posts
You need 2 things:

- PDK (which means LC is only available on 2009+ cars)
- Sport Chrono

All you do is press the "Sport Plus" button, left foot on brake. Floor the throttle, release brake.
and you never tried it on the street...right

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
No much longer than modulating a controlled launch via a manual clutch.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts