Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This Winter I took Scott up on an offer to use my 09 CS to try his plenum and flash on a Gen 2 Cayman S. Scott did before and after dyno runs on my car to get a benchmark and see just what HP and torque his set up will gain.
I took my CS out of winter storage and delivered it to Scott at the Hairy Dog garage in Oxford, CT. Thanksgiving weekend. I picked it back up the same day the Northeast group met there for demo's where Scott showed the group samples of the plenums, both stock and Softronics version,and a generous offer from Scott for dinner afterwards. I really didn't get much of a chance to drive my CS with the upgrades as it went back into winter storage the next day. As I remember it, the "butt" dyno felt like the CS was pulling much harder, especially above 3k rpm. The motor seemed much smoother as well.
The actual dyno numbers showed a nice increase in Hp and torque at the wheels. Stock WHP was 285HP and 247trq. After the plenum change and the Softronic flash the WHP jumped to 311HP and 266trq. Scott felt there was more to be had with a freer flowing exhaust, possibly 15+hp or more. You can do the math but it looks like the 311WHP is right up there with the entry level 911.
I have attached a jpg of the dyno results for everyone to look at. I'm sure Scott can answer any questions regarding the Softronic flash and plenum upgrade.

I'd like to thank Scott and Dan Jacobs(Hairy Dog) for taking care of my Cayman.

I set a date of March 15 for the CS to go back on the road... two more weeks, :banana: I can't wait..

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
How about bringing it out of storage 2 days early on 3/13, and visit Naugatuck, CT for our exhaust install party? ;)

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Very nice. I will order as soon as its available :) .

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
This Winter I took Scott up on an offer to use my 09 CS to try his plenum and flash on a Gen 2 Cayman S. Scott did before and after dyno runs on my car to get a benchmark and see just what HP and torque his set up will gain.
I took my CS out of winter storage and delivered it to Scott at the Hairy Dog garage in Oxford, CT. Thanksgiving weekend. I picked it back up the same day the Northeast group met there for demo's where Scott showed the group samples of the plenums, both stock and Softronics version,and a generous offer from Scott for dinner afterwards. I really didn't get much of a chance to drive my CS with the upgrades as it went back into winter storage the next day. As I remember it, the "butt" dyno felt like the CS was pulling much harder, especially above 3k rpm. The motor seemed much smoother as well.
The actual dyno numbers showed a nice increase in Hp and torque at the wheels. Stock WHP was 285HP and 247trq. After the plenum change and the Softronic flash the WHP jumped to 311HP and 266trq. Scott felt there was more to be had with a freer flowing exhaust, possibly 15+hp or more. You can do the math but it looks like the 311WHP is right up there with the entry level 911.
I have attached a jpg of the dyno results for everyone to look at. I'm sure Scott can answer any questions regarding the Softronic flash and plenum upgrade.

I'd like to thank Scott and Dan Jacobs(Hairy Dog) for taking care of my Cayman.

I set a date of March 15 for the CS to go back on the road... two more weeks, :banana: I can't wait..
Did they dyno you on a 2 wheel or 4 wheel dyno? How did they overcome the problem with the ECU cutting into limp mode at 4000 rpm if they used a 2 wheel dyno? Obviously for post-dynos maybe Softronic's software took care of the issue, but that doesn't answer about the "pre" dyno so could you fill in some info on that? I forwarded Scott some info on that the other day but never heard back as of yet.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ken I wasn't there for the dyno runs so I can't say. I think Scott monitors this site so maybe he will chip in with a description of his dyno set up.

·
3,755 Posts
Did they dyno you on a 2 wheel or 4 wheel dyno? How did they overcome the problem with the ECU cutting into limp mode at 4000 rpm if they used a 2 wheel dyno? Obviously for post-dynos maybe Softronic's software took care of the issue, but that doesn't answer about the "pre" dyno so could you fill in some info on that? I forwarded Scott some info on that the other day but never heard back as of yet.
My Dyno run could not be done on my car owing to this issue :( .
One method that works on DFIs is to use a 4WD Inertia based Dyno with mechanicaly linked front and rear drums. None of these Dynos exist in the country.

The other method which I just found out about is to use a Bosch ODB2 tuning system which has the capability to disable this restriction. However I cant find anyone with one of these here [yet].

A special version of ECU flash (if it existed) would be able to "fix" this.

Meanwhile I will just have to plod along.

·
Vendor
1,023 Posts
Hello,

The car was dynoed on a 2 wheel unit and done on 12/17/09 before any mods and then again 1/18/10 after the plenum install.

Other than that it is Top Secret :) .

Best Regards,
Scott

·
Vendor
1,023 Posts
Scott, when are you gona sell the package?

We're waiting :)
I just have to finalize a price . This should be completed in the next few days. This system will function with the tuned flash of course and the original one.

Best,
Scott

·
Vendor
1,023 Posts
Hello All,

I will post the cost this weekend and details.

Sorry for the delay however I like to tripple check and make everthing 110% correct.

Best Regards,
Scott

·
3,755 Posts
Who in OZ installs this?
Look for a quality motorsport shop to do it. Its not very difficuilt. Some people DIY as well. Maybe your dealer will do it? -Although they seem to be a bit thing about mods lately.

·
3,755 Posts
I called the shop but apparently we have to wait for an anoucement on the forum *chomps on bit*.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts