Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2010 UK car, and have been going through the manual - I notice that on some cars there's a 12v socket in the middle armrest, which I don't have due to the iPod link. The manual suggests that there's a second socket in the passenger footwell depending on spec of car, but I can't find it - I appear only to have the cigarette lighter socket.

Am I missing something?

Regards,

Aljrob

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Oh my God you are not serious, right?

The 12V sockets are not an option with iPod interface equipped Porsches! Your car comes with a solar cell at the top of the windshield :D

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Hi all,

I have a 2010 UK car, and have been going through the manual - I notice that on some cars there's a 12v socket in the middle armrest, which I don't have due to the iPod link. The manual suggests that there's a second socket in the passenger footwell depending on spec of car, but I can't find it - I appear only to have the cigarette lighter socket.

Am I missing something?

Regards,

Aljrob
I thought the accessory socket was always in the passenger footwell, but maybe that's different from the Gen 1 to Gen 2 cars, I know on Gen 1 cars with Bose it is hard to see because it is further forward towards the firewall from the Bose unit, did you way up there? :) I do find it funny that if you get the ipod accessory plug in that you lose the power socket, but that's life one thing for another...

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Socket is in the passenger footwell (on left side) on 2010 US cars.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm. Couldn't see one, but then I don't have BOSE to guide me. If I had BOSE, where would the sub be on a UK car? Left side of footwell, right or facing passenger?

My spec is as follows:

PCM
Sound package plus
Mobile phone preparation
iPod link
Cruise control
PASM
Sports Chrono Plus
6 Speed Manual
Rain sensor
Auto-dimming mirrors
Heated seats
Memory seats

·
Registered
60 Posts
Passenger footwell,

On the seat, looking into the footwell, its on the righthand side, down by the calf/shin of your leg; depending on how long your passenger's legs are! ;)

HTH

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks - will check it out this evening :cheers:

EDIT: Actually, whilst waiting to get away from work and check this, I suppose another way of asking the same question would be - has anyone on the forum got a UK-spec cayman which does NOT have a second 12v socket, in the footwell or elsewhere?

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Thanks - will check it out this evening :cheers:

EDIT: Actually, whilst waiting to get away from work and check this, I suppose another way of asking the same question would be - has anyone on the forum got a UK-spec cayman which does NOT have a second 12v socket, in the footwell or elsewhere?
Mine does not have a socket in the footwell, but I thought it was only Bose equiped cars that had this..!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine does not have a socket in the footwell, but I thought it was only Bose equiped cars that had this..!
Thanks Tess - is yours a gen 2 car?

I've rechecked the manual, which states "The socket can be located in either the oddments tray or in the front passenger footwell, depending on vehicle equipment". Odd.

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Thanks Tess - is yours a gen 2 car?

I've rechecked the manual, which states "The socket can be located in either the oddments tray or in the front passenger footwell, depending on vehicle equipment". Odd.
No Rob, My cars a Gen 1. I think adding all the Ipod stuff has taken the place of the standard socket in there, then no Bose = NO extra socket either !!:gossip:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a MY2010 2.9 with CDR-30 sound package plus and universal audio interface - the centre console 12V supply is removed (for fitting UAI) but I still have the 12V supply in the passenger footwell.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a MY2010 2.9 with CDR-30 sound package plus and universal audio interface - the centre console 12V supply is removed (for fitting UAI) but I still have the 12V supply in the passenger footwell.
Thanks Snoddy - you're the second person I've heard from with a 2010 Cayman, UAI _and_ a 12V socket. I'm going to have to ask the OPC about this, can't fathom the reason why I don't have one!

Do you have BOSE (I don't)?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.