Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this link recently posted by SharkWerks on Rennlist. It is a clip of the new Tubi installed on a Gen II Cayman S with DFI & PDK. According to the post... "the exhaust is lower-pitched and quieter overall than the previous generation when installed on this car". The previous generation of Tubi had a reputation for being very LOUD, so I would think this to be an improvement.

Tubi Exhaust on 2009 Cayman S DFI with PDK - Rennlist Discussion Forums

My dealer has suggested that I install a new Tubi at the time of delivery rather than my originally speced PSE. I am trying to make up my mind if I want more growl +hp gains versus the on/off functionality of the PSE plus some growl + no hp gain.

Does anyone have any 1st hand experience with the new Tubi system on a Gen II Cayman S? Too loud? Any drone issues?

·
Tennessee Vol
649 Posts
It sounds so quiet...if I were to spring for a Tubi, it had better be Tubi loud.
Agree. Have Tubi on my 06 and it sounds great. Not a track day without a couple of other drivers commenting on the good sound.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i had milltek on my gen1 cayman and with was slightly louder than stock, bassy sound. was told that tubi on gen1 was LOUD and had some drone. mine was a tiptronic, that was the main reason why i didn't choose tubi then.
just got my gen2 PDK. thinking of tubi this time. Was told by a tubi vendor that tubi has sorted out the drone issue by adding a mini resonator on the connecting pipe before the muffler. Was assured that there will be no drone and has a very nice sound. However, it would not be as loud as gen1 tubi. Since i don't want something too LOUD, i reckon it has to be tubi for me this time!
Anyone with any experience with tubi on GEN2 care to share more info. Curious to know if there's any performance gain. I hope tubi mated with softronic and its plenum kit, will get good power increase!
Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.