Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally moved from my gen1 cayman S tiptronic to a gen2 PDK.
Although my gen1 had SRP + Softronic flash & milltek catback, the stock Gen2 seems to be as fast. I can't wait to have my gen2 upgraded with softronic.
THe PDK gearbox is awesome ... gearshifts so fast n smooth especially during downshifting. I just collected the car so will provide more feedback soon

ANyone has any idea if its possible for me to use back my milltek catback from the gen1?
If not, which brand currently makes echaust for gen2 ... capristo, tubi, fabspeed, FVD, speedart, M&M ... any more options?

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
ANyone has any idea if its possible for me to use back my milltek catback from the gen1?
If not, which brand currently makes echaust for gen2 ... capristo, tubi, fabspeed, FVD, speedart, M&M ... any more options?
I highly doubt it. If the Milltek connects directly to the OEM pipes, it will not fit. This is coming from my experience with Gen I Borla exhausts and the Gen II car.

I know several manufacturers offer Gen II catback exhausts now. Borla is just one of them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
congrats! what color/options?
meteor grey with black interior.. its a rather stock std car with not much option except for sports chrono package.
wish it has PASM n LSD
did some driving this evening... the brakes somehow felt better than gen1 but it looks similar to me
suspension is greatly improved over gen1 especially the comfort level. soaking up bumps much better
i'm loving every second of the gen2. had no regrets on this upgrade!!!
next is to have the SRP n softronic tune
picture will come soon :)

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Congratulations on the new CS, sounds like you got the right options in that after all these are "Sports Cars" not luxury barges.:hilarious:

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
The Miltek will not fit without some slight modification to one side where it connects to the header. I'm pretty sure you need to cut it back a little and then modify the angle where it meets the header. The other side should mate up fine. Other than the connection at the header, I don't believe there are any fit issues. If you have a good shop that has some experience welding stainless they should be able to make it work. I just traded my '06 CS for a '11 CS. I am planning to try to modify my Miltek cat back to fit in the new car. Let us know if you give it a try.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Fattyk, how do you like the color change, coming from yellow?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have been driving gen2 over 200km today. mixture between some city n highway driving! can go on driving on & on. THe PDK gearbox makes the power delivery so much better compared to tiptronic. ALways at the right power band n gearchange so much smoother & faster.
I have no regrets changing from gen1 to gen2. may of my frens said i'm silly moving from a gen1 to gen2 ... ie, cayman to cayman. but after letting them test the gen2 PDK, comment was ... WOW!!
i initially wanted to get a used 997 turbo tiptronic but gen2 cayman S with PDK can hold my itch to wait for the 997.2 turbo PDK. once i have tried PDK, don't think i will ever want to own a regular automatic gearbox car. 997 turbo has indeed lot of power, amazing straight line speed n torque but the minus the fun n balance nature of the cayman!

yellow was a striking colour especially since the interior was also sand beige ... meteor grey with black interior i feel is more simple.

i think i'll consider to sell off my milltek. Since my car is under factory warranty for 4 years, i would prefer to modify the gen2 with parts that can just plug & play. THe dealer in my area is very particular n fussy over modification. I love the sound of milltek in gen1. it really enhance the sound of the flat 6 engine. Low, deep & solid sound.
The gen2 in my opinion is more refine in term of sound. maybe cause of the high compression ratio of 12.5, the engine note is somehow sharper n not as bassy as gen1. may consider a capristo or tubi this time since those exhaust system r known for their sharp sounding F1 sound

In conclusion, i feel that from gen1 to gen2 is not just a mild facelift. Its really revolution of improvement in my opinion in all areas!
steering feel, suspension, engine power n most important PDK or tiptronic!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts