Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to the site and new to Porsche generally/ I just picked up a 2007 987 (Midnight Blue) with 36k miles. I'm absolutely loving it.

So I just wanted to say hello, but also ask a really n00bish question:

I am still learning about the car, and not yet familiar with all of the features etc. One of my friends says he's 'sure' the 987 comes with 'launch control'. I cant find any information on this at all, and no indication of whether the car has it.

Can anyone help a newbie out and let me know whether this is a feature I may have or not please!

Thanks very much

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new to the site and new to Porsche generally/ I just picked up a 2007 987 (Midnight Blue) with 36k miles. I'm absolutely loving it.

So I just wanted to say hello, but also ask a really n00bish question:

I am still learning about the car, and not yet familiar with all of the features etc. One of my friends says he's 'sure' the 987 comes with 'launch control'. I cant find any information on this at all, and no indication of whether the car has it.

Can anyone help a newbie out and let me know whether this is a feature I may have or not please!

Thanks very much
The 987.2 models with PDK and Sport Chrono Package has the launch control feature. You have a gen 1 987 so it does not have that although you don't really need it if it's a manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much.

I didn't think it did, and you are right it isn't really necessary. I just want to get to know the car well, so trying to work out all the features etc

·
Registered
810 Posts
Launch control seems to be more useful for doing burnouts than actually going fast. Unless you really enjoy replacing rear tires, you're not missing much. You can replicate it by dropping the clutch at 6000rpm, though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi there, my friend has one of the first batches of 987.2 Cayman S (year 2009), the car comes with chrono and sports package but he said there is no launch control. Is there any chance there is such make, or it's just my friend who didn't know how to activate LC? Thanks.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Hi there, my friend has one of the first batches of 987.2 Cayman S (year 2009), the car comes with chrono and sports package but he said there is no launch control. Is there any chance there is such make, or it's just my friend who didn't know how to activate LC? Thanks.
Does he have PDK? There's no button for it- you slam the gas pedal to the kick-down while holding the brake, then release the brake. It works best with PSM turned completely off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts