Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have installed one of these on your cayman or boxster? I am thinking of doing this. Any tricks to the install? Wish you hadnt done it?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have one and I really like the way it looks.

Note: I lowered it slightly after this picture and made it conform to the curve of the front and it looks great.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
are there instructions anywhere of how to mount these types of plates? How do I get to the backside of bumper to bolt on the plate holder? or do I even need to do this?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont think I would have to drill. There appear to be 2 plugged holes already. I just dont know if i have to remove any part of the bumper to securely attach the euro license plate frame.

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
I dont think I would have to drill. There appear to be 2 plugged holes already. I just dont know if i have to remove any part of the bumper to securely attach the euro license plate frame.
If your holes are already drilled and plugged, then you just have to remove the plug and put 2 screws in through the plate and bracket that comes with the eurostyle plate and you should be fine.

I agree though, for those without holes your only way of mounting is either drill your bumper, or get something like the moweraxle tow hook plate holder and mount a plate to that.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Here's some pics of mine:

"or get something like the moweraxle tow hook plate holder and mount a plate to that."

Ken, I don't think that would work too well with this plate. It's too long and would look out of place/strange/wrong mounted there.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I ordered the mounting bracket with my plate and there are about 86 holes in the mount, my car had two US spec front tag screws already in the bumber with the white square plastic squeezy things you pop in just like the rear of the car. I had several choices of holes in the mounting bracket to choose from to adjust the height of the tag, I like it just below the flat part of the front bumper so that the lines are not disrupted in the hood.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.