Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Porsche and car enthusists this a thread for all summer drives, cruises and get-together that we will hopefully organize.
So far we have wild weasel http://www.planet-9.com/members/wild-weasel-27804.html and duckw on board for the idea.
duckw got a place up in Lake of Bays that would make a great destination spot for a run through the countryside. We could meet up in Toronto somewhere and head there, and anyone outside of Toronto could also make their way there for a dinner if you like.
Please can everyone suggest a date and we'll go from there.
Moe Serry
lake_of_bays_2_350.jpg

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I've sent duckw a message to get him involved in this conversation.

I know there's a few others that will be interested but I'll let them all chime in on their own.

Also worth noting that Spectre will be getting his car sometime and is picking up in London and then driving cross-country to get it home. I think we should get some members together to meet up with him for part of that drive. He can chime in once he's got a date pinned down.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I've heard from Duck. Looks like he'll be up to Lake of Bays around the middle of June and that a mid-week visit could be the best for us. As I mentioned, he's got an interest in a lodge up there and has offered to host us for a reasonable price for anyone who chooses to stop in for dinner or even wants to stay the night.

Are there people interested in taking a Tuesday or Wednesday off work and making a day of this? He said he can set up a Prix-Fixe dinner for $45 each.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've heard from Duck. Looks like he'll be up to Lake of Bays around the middle of June and that a mid-week visit could be the best for us. As I mentioned, he's got an interest in a lodge up there and has offered to host us for a reasonable price for anyone who chooses to stop in for dinner or even wants to stay the night.

Are there people interested in taking a Tuesday or Wednesday off work and making a day of this? He said he can set up a Prix-Fixe dinner for $45 each.
I guess the car scene on this forum is dead!!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Yeah... I even sent a couple PM's to people pointing them to this thread. :(

Spectre gets a pass as he's laid up at the moment and we're just hoping he gets well soon.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Saturns Drives is pretty active, they had a couple of big shows so far this spring.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Saturns Drives is pretty active, they had a couple of big shows so far this spring.
I think I signed up for their mailing list but never got a response. :(

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It looks like they don't reply for requests from the site, send the guy a direct request at [email protected]
I am on the mailing list now and they just send Cars-N-Cafe car show followed by a cruise on Sunday

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes I am in, I would prefer a weekend date to be honest. Work is just too busy to take a day off. Although, the long weekend is coming up hmmm.

Yeah Saturns Drives is really active. Once you join as a member you get a list of all their events, otherwise they are kept secret.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Well... if we go up to Lake of Bays, it's around a 3 hr trip from Toronto. If we do anything else, then it's really up to us. Maybe we should get together for coffee or something first just to actually meet one another. :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Duckw checking in here, better late than never.
The link to our resort is Muskoka Resorts - Ontario Waterfront Resort, Muskoka Cottage Rentals & Lodge Vacations - Port Cunnington Lodge & Resort. The reasons for suggesting mid-week are two. In July and August, traffic out of GTA on Saturday and back on Sunday can be horrendous. And in June, our weekends are filled by weddings. Muskoka roads are much less traveled during the week, especially in late June. Our last wedding checks out on the 28th. Canada Day falls on the following Wednesday. Have your holiday at home on the First and plan the Muskoka jaunt over Thursday and Friday. As of now, we have lots of space on those nights. Beginning the Fourth, we move to renting most of our accommodation only by the week, leaving only a couple of one-bedroom units free for shorter stays. Please feel free to PM me with any questions you might have. If you decide on a tentative plan, be sure to let me know what you'd like to arrange before you call the Lodge so I can alert them and get you the best possible deal. If some of you do swing by, we warned that my own plain-Jane Boxster will be at home in the States, so you'll need to keep your keys on your persons at all times to reduce the Ferris Bueller risk.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I was hoping to see a bit more interest and enthusiasm here. :) Are there just not many members from southern Ontario or do people just not look at the regional forums?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was hoping to see a bit more interest and enthusiasm here. :) Are there just not many members from southern Ontario or do people just not look at the regional forums?

We should organize a cars and coffee meet first before the trip. That would get people to get out and meet each other!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
We should organize a cars and coffee meet first before the trip. That would get people to get out and meet each other!
Yes we should!!

Ok people... cars and coffee in Toronto... probably somewhere north of the city and somewhat central.

Who's interested?? :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
count me in

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
count me in
Let's pick a date and time!!

I'm proposing Thursday, May 21st, at 7:00 PM. It's soon enough to look forward to, and far enough to give people a chance to notice this thread and plan for it. Let's get a show of hands on who will come out! Then we'll pick a spot.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Let's pick a date and time!!

I'm proposing Thursday, May 21st, at 7:00 PM. It's soon enough to look forward to, and far enough to give people a chance to notice this thread and plan for it. Let's get a show of hands on who will come out! Then we'll pick a spot.
I am in, is Vaughan Mills central to everyone?

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I am in, is Vaughan Mills central to everyone?
Well that's two of us confirmed!! :D

TTLATION, are you cool with the date? I rather expect any of us should be able to get to just about anywhere in the GTA, but FWIW I'll get to Vaughan Mills is that works out best for everyone. And I live near the zoo. :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts