Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If all goes well I will be getting a Cayman GTS in the next two weeks. My story started last week when I went to the dealership to look at a new Cayman S. It was well equipped pricing out around 81k with a PDK
. The test drive went well but was undecided because the color was white. It isn't that I don't like white. My color of choice in many cars I've owned is in the silver family. As I started looking over the lot at different colors and equipment, my eyes opened up wide when I saw a 2015 Cayman GTS in GT silver. The problem was I mostly lease my cars and the GTS was actually pre-owned having only 2,800 miles. The sales person said he would meet with his manager and let me know about a lease price. I left the dealer very excited only to get disappointing news the next day. Although the GTS was a 2015, the fact that it was used puts a whole different equation in a lease price. The car stickered out new at 98,400 and the dealer wanted around 87,500. I decided to purchase the car and negotiated the price to 85,000. I'm not sure if the deal was good and I would welcome input from members with opinions, but I loved the car and will most likely finalize the deal next week. Some of my previous rides were a 2013 911 cab, 2010 Boxster base,2006 SLK 55, 2006 911 cab and other fun rides including Corvettes

·
Registered
276 Posts
At least your dealer is pricing their used CGTS cars "fairly". My dealer immediately listed it for slightly more than MSRP after I traded mine in. Judging from the appraisals I was getting, whoever traded yours in probably only got $76-80k, so they're still making some profit and you're still getting a fair ~14% depreciation discount off MSRP. With the bulk of the new car depreciation already gone, I say you should be happy with the deal you got especially if it was well taken care for and it has all the options you want. Hell, at $98k what didn't that car have?! I've been seeing that Porsche lease rates are pretty terrible as there is rarely any factory incentives available and the residuals just aren't that great. With rarer allocations like a CGTS, I find that you can probably come out ahead better financing by counting on a slightly higher resale value should you decide to unload it in 3-4 years.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Presuming you like all the options you got, I would guess you got a pretty good deal. I know for sure that you got a damn good car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
If all goes well I will be getting a Cayman GTS in the next two weeks. My story started last week when I went to the dealership to look at a new Cayman S. It was well equipped pricing out around 81k with a PDK
. The test drive went well but was undecided because the color was white. It isn't that I don't like white. My color of choice in many cars I've owned is in the silver family. As I started looking over the lot at different colors and equipment, my eyes opened up wide when I saw a 2015 Cayman GTS in GT silver. The problem was I mostly lease my cars and the GTS was actually pre-owned having only 2,800 miles. The sales person said he would meet with his manager and let me know about a lease price. I left the dealer very excited only to get disappointing news the next day. Although the GTS was a 2015, the fact that it was used puts a whole different equation in a lease price. The car stickered out new at 98,400 and the dealer wanted around 87,500. I decided to purchase the car and negotiated the price to 85,000. I'm not sure if the deal was good and I would welcome input from members with opinions, but I loved the car and will most likely finalize the deal next week. Some of my previous rides were a 2013 911 cab, 2010 Boxster base,2006 SLK 55, 2006 911 cab and other fun rides including Corvettes
IMO, u got a good buy and a great machine! I think u did very well, assuming it's CPO. U didn't say CPO, but if u haven't crossed that bridge u should.

On Porsche silver paints, the prettiest I ever saw was the "Diamond Silver" they offered in the 1980s. I know it was available in the early 1980s 9I had it on my 1981 931) but not sure when they stopped offering it. Haven't seen it next to today's silvers, but if i had to judge, it was the brightest silver ever, over the years Porsche has offered silver. I'd love to see it side by side along today's brightest silver paints from Porsche. My memory says Diamond Silver is brighter, but I could be wrong. .. Anybody seen Diamond Silver?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts