Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vendor
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been deluged with calls from 987 owners looking for more downforce. Our 987 front splitters, rear wings and GT4 style side scoops are giving track based Caymans and Boxsters real improvement in track times and stability.

This has been an amazing spring for Composite Concepts. Our 987 front splitter, 987 side scoops and our “Track Master wing with GT4 winglets” for all Boxsters and Caymans have been in strong demand worldwide. The best part is the real feedback we have had from track junkies on how they have seen significant improvement in stability and lap times. NOW WE ARE INTRODUCING A WHOLE NEW PRODUCT......AN EXACT REPLICA OF THE FACTORY GT4 WING for all 718, 981 and 987 Caymans and Boxsters.

While functionally our current "Track Master wing" is an exceptional product many of our customers have requested we introduce an exact copy of the factory wing. HERE IT IS AND AT THE AMAZING PRICE OF $1025 PLUS FREIGHT. This wing is a beautifully finished full carbon fiber wing. It is dimensionally the same as the factory wing but has a much simpler and wider range of adjustment to accommodate varying track conditions and suspension setups. I have mounted this wing on my own Turbo Cayman and the results are amazing. Much greater traction and stability in high speed corners. Mounting is simple and requires 4 holes in the rear deck. The finish of the carbon fiber is absolutely first class and it is preserved with a deep clear coat finish. Comprehensive installation instructions and all hardware are included.

This great product joins our existing products. 987 Side scoops $449, Factory GT3 Cup splitter from the German manufacturer and adapted for 987 applications is $429 and our "Track Master wing” with GT4 winglets is now offered at a much reduced price of $825. The “Track Master” has proven itself both as a high quality full Carbon Fiber product but also as a superior aero product for street and track use.

As with all of our products these were Co-developed by myself, an automotive engineer and SCCA racer, and Composite Concepts Composite Concepts a quality producer of Carbon Fiber products in Jupiter FL. Quality of design and manufacture is assured. Please feel free to email or call me with any questions or comments.

Some recent reviews

“I purchased the GT4 wing from Jon at Composite Concepts. . I have purchased quite a few carbon parts for lots of different cars and the carbon on the wing was excellent, perfect weave with no flaws. It's a very nice Carbon piece.
I installed the wing without issue in a couple of hours following the directions provided by Jon. I am pretty OCD about this stuff.
Everything went together without a hitch.
Thanks to Composite Concepts and Jon for the great wing at very good price. I also have a GTR and a few others and you will not touch a wing of this quality under 3K for those cars.”
Don, Colliervile TN”

“Last year I put a front splitter on my Cayman to improve the turn-in characteristics of the car. The effects were dramatic, but left the rear of the car feeling very unsettled in high-speed corners. I felt that Jon's wing would most likely add enough downforce to solve my problem, and meant that I could avoid going to a much larger wing setup with base. I ran the car for 3 days at Mosport with the new wing, and was very, very happy with the results, both from a handling perspective and the resulting lap times, which were noticeably improved. I would recommend this setup to anyone for a track setup.

This is a very well constructed wing, and an absolute steal at the price that Jon is charging. I looked at some of the other high quality wings out there, but found that Jon's was much better value. And in case anyone is wondering, I don't know Jon and have never met him, so I'm not shilling on his behalf.”
Chris D. Toronto CN

“Jon,
Just want to say thank you for getting me such an awesome front spoiler that I have been looking for years...
It has completely eliminated that little front lift created by the extra power of the 3.8...which is sweet, sweet, sweet!”

Chris M, Longmont CO

Jon May
Composite Concepts
[email protected]
954 931 0319

Attachments

·
Registered
628 Posts
Good idea.
Looks to be a too low to have a good effect.
Good to hear guys feel big improvement.

·
Vendor
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As you can see we are getting plenty of downforce with both our TrackMaster {pictured below) and GT4 wing but for those who just have to have more height we do offer a custom 4 or 5" extension. We just sold a GT4 wing with 5" risers to Andy in CT. I look forward to seeing pictures and feedback from him.

Jon
[email protected]
954 931 0319

Attachments

·
Vendor
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi All,
I just got these pictures from Andy of his 987 with our GT4 wing installed with 5" risers. The pictures aren't the greatest but the car does look awesome and the downforce is both readily adjustable and significnat. These are an $85 option on either the TrackMaster wing or the exact duplicate GT4 wing.

Jon May
Composite Concepts
954 931 0319

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.