Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chows was kind enough to inform us some time ago that 981s have the capacity to show an electronic volt meter on the dashboard within the same round window that shows oil pressure & temp, water temp, etc., etc.

Before I ask my question, first, here's how to get the volt meter to show up on your dashboard without removing any of the other electronic read-outs you currently have showing:

1. Using the lower stalk on the right side of the steering column, get to "Vehicle"
2. Select "Settings."
3. Select "Display."
4. Select "Vehicle Menu."
5. Select "Blank Line."
6. Hunt for and then select "Vehicle Voltage." (It won't immediately appear but if you keep moving up through the various choices, it will eventually be at the top.)

Every time I get back in the car, the volt meter has disappeared. I'm guessing nothing is broken. Rather, I suspect that the "remote" (is that what you call the thing that replaces an ignition key?) stubborenly maintains the settings that were entered when I first had the car set up. If so . . .

MY QUESTION: Anybody know how to re-program the "remote" so that the volt meter stays on the dashboard?

Thanks in advance, gentlemen.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have the memory function with my power seats. After bringing up the volt meter I reset the key button and it was stored along with seats mirrors AC and all the other things the memory package stores.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the memory function with my power seats. After bringing up the volt meter I reset the key button and it was stored along with seats mirrors AC and all the other things the memory package stores.
Yep--I've got the memory function, too, or I probably wouldn't be having this problem. The rub is, I've forgotten how to reset the memory to store the new setting that would now include the volt meter.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Should just be a matter of pressing SET followed by button 3 with the key.

Switching to the other key fob will give you a different set of stored settings to work with, of course.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Should just be a matter of pressing SET followed by button 3 with the key.

Switching to the other key fob will give you a different set of stored settings to work with, of course.
Yup! That's it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have a similar problem in that any settings I make to the 'Vehicle' like lock state, or the units for the speedometer don't stick after the car is restarted.
(Its currently always displaying the speed in km).
I'll take it into the dealer in a day or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts