Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone!

I have always been a "car guy", but nearly exclusively American muscle cars. MANY American muscle cars...

I've always had an affinity for Porsches, especially the Cayman when it came out, but never really had the "drive" to buy on until the remodel in 2012. I absolutely fell in love with the styling of that car! Unfortunately, it was WELL above my price-point at the time so I stayed in my world of Shelby Mustangs, owning 2 quite rare later models. In 2019, I sold one of them and began my search (rather passively at first) for "my" Cayman. It had to be a 981 S with the right combination of color, interior, and options to seriously get my attention. There was very little I was willing to compromise on.

FINALLY, about 3-weeks ago, I hit on the right one, at the right price, at a dealer in Texas! Of course, 30-minutes after making the deal and getting beyond excited, I got a call and was told I lost it to a buyer that spoke to another salesperson earlier that day, UGH!!! With so few units produced and after nearly 2-years of looking, I thought the odds of finding the "one" was getting pretty slim... An hour later I got a call from the salesperson I was dealing with that the other deal fell through and the car was mine, YES!!!

It arrived this past Monday via transport and I'm beyond excited to have it!

Here's the spec:
2014 Cayman S
Dark Blue Metallic
Platinum Grey Interior
Sport Chrono
Sport Suspension (-20mm)
Power Steering Plus
PDK
PDLS
Infotainment System
20-inch Carrera S Wheels
~17K Miles, Porsche Maintained

Porsche Cayman S.jpg

-Anton

·
Registered
165 Posts
Looks like a nice one and welcome to the forum! I had a similar experience when trying to buy one except my first one got away. It was a multiple dealership group and the Porsche salesman was unaware the Lexus dealership was working on a sale of the same car. I was pretty disappointed and it took me almost three more months of searching before I located my current Cayman.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
It took me about 1,000 miles to fully grasp what I bought - and that was after 4 test drives and 1 whole day loan of Cayman S. I guess what I want to say is : it only gets better, don't stop exploring. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2016 Porsche Cayman
586 Posts
Congratulations! Nice options on the car. I've always wanted the 981 when it came out, it's just beautiful and has the reliable 9A1 engine. After 3 years of trying to convince my wife, I finally put deposit for 2016 Cayman. I almost gave up because of the 8 months allocation to delivery period but I'm glad not because the model is the last N/A Flat 6.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts